My Megamo Equip Pro

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by MegamoMidwest, Mar 15, 2004.

1. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

Hey,

I got bored, so I thought instead of doing my homework, why not take pictures of my bike and post them on the observedtrials.net forum. What a great idea. Do you notice anything missing?

-Paul

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

Chain
    Shifter
    Front disk (and original fork)

3. MegamoMidwest

Shifter is there, just mounted on the seat stays. There are more unoriginal parts than just the fork and front disc. But yes, yesterday the chain went snappidy snap snap and decided that it wanted to hurt my knee for me. My future plans are to get some new VP pedals (black) and also to drill out that rear Tioga DH rim and relace it to a Chris King ISO disc hub that I have on my Santa Cruz Heckler (after sending it into King to get a steel driveshaft dealie) by the way does anyone know how much it costs to get the steel thingie and funbolts? if anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated. also if anyone knows around how much time it takes from time its sent out approximately? I am just wondering if its like 1 week or like 3 months.

-Paul

4. Elan

Elan steve french

king is really good about turn-around, ususally like 1-2 weeks.
    steel drive shells are $35 if i remember corectly, and fun bolts depend on your axle... if yo uahve hte HD axle, they will be like $20, if you have the regular axle with the cone adjuster, it is like $50.. just email king, they will tell ya what it all is..

5. MegamoMidwest

6. Lagerhead

Lagerhead New Member

I can't believe no one noticed that he's missing a functional rear tire. LOL / JK...
    Are there any pictures of you and the Jeep?

B

7. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

sorry, No I beleive the stell drive shell is that amount to upgrade when you buy a new one . I'll go away now.

8. MegamoMidwest

lol there will be pictures of me and the jeep soon because the jeep is the new addition to the Megamo Midwest demo setup lol

hows it going by the way (and yes I still need to get maxxis tires)

-Paul

9. Elan

Elan steve french

so, what is the deal? megamo sell any bikes anywehre?

10. MegamoMidwest

egads I am not even sure, I dont even think Doug knows for sure. Alls I know is that Megamo has been real shady about whats going on but for now you can still buy the bikes.

11. Elan

Elan steve french

ah, where from?

12. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Yikes, I'm seeing a disc on the rear.... How's that workin'?

13. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

Nice Paul,

Represent!

www.megamousa.com

email doug, i think he just sold his last radical complete bike but still has a few equip frame/forks left. along with a set of magura louise brakes and magura aluminum rotors...

14. MegamoMidwest

I actually really like the disc in the rear, I have never hit it, I have come close on many occasions but the rear tire tends to deflect the blows. I just ordered new pads, cause the brake was starting to slip but with the new pads all the problems should be fixed. The reason I moved to a V brake up front is that I blew a seal in the disc I had up front before, and so I put a nice little XTR caliper/upside down rear LX lever, and I love it! I dont think I am going back to disc in the front. its noticably lighter, but now I need to take some weight off the back because right now the bike is much heavier in the back than it is in the front. The XTR calipers lock up really well, and I also ordered an XT lever to go with it. It should be good, I am excited. DangerousDave, did we meet at Motorama? or did we meet at the Tenesee comp last year? I am thinking you could be one of two people lol.

-Paul

15. Elan

Elan steve french

ahaha..a disc in rear and v in front...you will probably be the only rider in the world with that set up..whatever works...

16. MegamoMidwest

who knows, maybe I am doing right what everyone else is doing wrong! you know chicks dig the 8" in the back and nothing up front!

-Paul

17. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I was thnkin the same thing....

Megamo represent!

18. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

yea i was thinkin of goin v up front eventually. gotta get a new fork then which is kinda gay though. no paul we haven't met. thats why you should come for the squamish test of metal!
    you probably met trevor bodogh. he is another canadian who used to ride a equip with capriolo fork and brisa bar/stem.

I think the reason ppl don't like rear discs is because either their frame is too weak and breaks or they hae a small rotor. the 8" rotor seems to do the trick. more consistent than any brake i've used...

19. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I've been intrested in DUAL disc for sometime....the only reason I didn't get an Equip my as my 1st trials bike (besides getting mine at a deal) was because I was kinda weary about brake fade with the use of disc...not so much the snapping.....

Almost got a B26D...good thing I avoided that, LOL! I hear those are weak sauce....

20. Elan

Elan steve french

i have an avid mech in the front after switching from an ultimate lever/sd-7 caliper V. i couldnt be happier.