My 7 foot Pedal Kick video....

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by oicdn, Jun 23, 2004.

1. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Here's my little clip of my PK Gap of 7 feet after 6 months of riding.....Well, it's 2 inches shy, but you can see I made it over the ledge edge, so it's 7 feet.......

Here's the website to goto....

http://www.gifts4all.biz/nathan/jump.htm

It's short...if it doesn't show, you can just DL the zip file...it's really short...if you can tell by the sky, it was about to rain......

LMK what you think, and give any tips.....

2. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

Nice, I just made my first 4.5 footer last night. :)

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

Looks very small? :dunno:
    Good job in any case, Oh, and gaps aren't measured to where you land, it's to where the ledge starts and stops

4. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

looks liek 5 feet, but good job lookes very nice ;)

5. Darren

Darren New Member

how much higher is the takeoff than the landing? cant really tell by the vid. nice gap

6. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

that's like a 6'' drop to that gap.
    that can give you about an extra 8-10'' to the distance you can gap.

good job anyways.

7. Elan

Elan steve french

i dont think 8-10" is accurate..its more like 7.5-9.63"

8. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

ok ill give u that one...

9. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

LOL :bigthumb:

10. oicdn

oicdn Guest

It's a 2 inch difference in height....

The gap looks kinda small cause if you look at it, the part where I landed comes to a V...so it's narrow, then widens, and starts narrowing again...lighting didn't help the looks either, but I busted out the measuring tape and sure enough 6' 10" but I've hit gaps SLIGHTLY farther than those......also doesn't look like it, but the part I landed on was the widest part of that gap....it's the angle of the shot I guess.

But that's normally how my pedal kicks are, jump to rear, then pedal kick accross or up. Same for when I land, I land spot on, then pedal kick to the next spot. No correction hops...it hinders me, it really does as I'll try to go through a little "section" and since I didn't land spot on near the end, I have to start all over again...but it kinda FORCES me to be clean...it kinda also slows my learning curve though.....

Thanks for the compliments though....they're greatly appreciated....I'll try to get up a short clip of my gettin on the dock. If you look at the wood I landed on, if you look farther down, you can those wood ledges, I've only made wood ledge to ledge ONCE(and I have no idea how) going towards the dock, and it was 7'4 inches. It looks alot larger than the gap I did, but it's really not, guess it's just lighting/angle.....

Last edited: Jun 24, 2004
  11. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

how do you measure thems gaps? do you go from the top of the deck thing to the little wooden thing you land on or do you keep the tape straight from the landing to the deck?

big gap none the less...

12. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Straight, I measure the distance on the ground. Then I measure the height of each, and subtract the two to get the difference in height.......

It's odd, I have no ups, but can PK that far...I guess it's all about technique or what just comes easiest...I just find gaps fun. I find nose techniques fun too...I'm just really shitty at them, and my arms/shoulders fatigue quickly cause I'm a weak noodle....

I just went out there and tried that wood ledge - wood ledge (not the dock, but those wood pieces sperated by grass)and it's 7 foot 4 inches.....my tire lands on the ledge, but the brakes slip, like if I could get on the ledge more it would lock.....so I'm getting to the above 7 foot mark...I'm just kinda at a flatspot in my distance...

I still can barely up 22-25 inches.....I simply cannot make it up something wheel height with a pedal kick...I guess nows the time to practice pedal ups more than anything eh?

13. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

hahaha exactly... who cares aboots distances

14. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Lot's of nice gifts.Soo where can I get the frodo plush doll. Please give exact dimensions.Also is it officially liscenced.