MTB Mags.. Comments on Trials

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Patrick, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Patrick

Patrick New Member

I was reading a magazine called DECLINE last night and I noticed that trials was mentioned a couple times... not in a good way. I know that most of the MTB'ers in the past have either not known about trials or have simply not been interested. However, in this magazine, the only two comments made were derogatory. The first was a comment about how Ryan Leech is now sponsored by Mace clothing.. I believe the comment was: "Ryan Leech.. just about the only rider that can make trials look remotely cool". Then later in the magazine, there is an interview with a young street rider, Cameron Zink (I think). When asked about the Bike Battle and what he thought of the trials riders, he basically pissed all over us with laughs and comments about how lame it is.

I guess I never knew the retardo factor for trials riders was that high in the eyes of other mountain bikers these days..

2. Elan

Elan steve french

i propose one question: who fucking cares?

good eye patrick... luckily that coustellier you have will make any non-believer pee themselves, and if they dont, they are probably gay.

3. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Elan, you won't see me selling my Coust because of what they think.. I just think it's sort of bullshit for them to dog on trials. I've seen lots of people who claim themselves to be street riders or whatever and all they can do is launch off stairs and ride short manuals.. wow.

4. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

The other mountain bikers that say that stuff about trials are just jealous of how much skill it takes to ride trials. I dunno what else it would be, ive never heard anyone say negative things about trials. Maybe, they were just street/freestyle punks who hated everything but their stlye, so that could be why he said Leech is the only 'cool' styled trials rider, because the guy in the magazine liked the street style of Leech?

It doesn't matter what others think, trials will always be my favorite type of biking, and my favorite sport, TRIALS FOREVER. :D

5. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

yea its funny when the "no skills" diss us. maw fuckas.

6. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Zap from mountain bike constantly pisses on trials...i constantly piss on my old copies of mountain bike

7. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

It's only fair..I piss on their gayness..

My arguement why they are so gay ,again ...is this...

Any expert trials rider could hop on a DH bike and place well in a sport level race.Any expert Dh rider would suck like....well....suck in any sport section.

Let them feel special ..special olympic special!

And when I say gay I don't mean girl on girl gay .I mean dueling banjos gay!! Now thats GAY! :bigthumb:

8. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

Afrobot, exactly.

I can hop on my ghetto fabulous k2 beast and rip it up. where as any freerider can jump on my trials bike and do...nothing?

9. manimal

manimal New Member

hey man.. no knockin' the banjo.. I play banjo..

wahah.. nothing scars my neighbors more...

10. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Fuck the haters...they have nothing better to do. Another reason why trials community is nice. Still small yet it makes a huge impact when people see trials rider on the street or wherever.

They sure don't stop for a rider riding a $5,000 titanium mt.bike!!!

11. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

If you wanna read a mag with lots off nice trials coverage. Pick up an issue of mountain biking UK. Martyn Ashton and those people love to pose in that mag.

12. silus2000

silus2000 New Member

Who gives a fuck what they think. But anyways, anyone who doesnt think trials is cool obviously have not seen some of the videos here.

13. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

fudge 'em. at least decline is a good magazine though- especially compared to flow (dog pile). who cares what they think. maybe having some big nationals this year with good solid sections will show people what trials is really like now-a-days. if they still dont like it then they can just be bitter by themselves. there is a fine line between having respect for another discipline and liking it. a lot of guys respect trials but would rather have a root canal than watch trials videos.

14. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

trials videos are boring unless you ride trials or if
    it is paradise found directors cut

15. DMArnt

DMArnt Guest

Ahh, isint nice to see the unskilled try and bring down the skilled. Just ignore it. As trial riders, we have taken and harnessed the basics of bike riding and made them into an art. The skills we have bothered to learn is what every person who rides a XC, Dirt, Jib, DH, even BMX should know. (A fine example of not having these basic skills is on the video of the XC guy falling down that small cliff.)
    We are willing to disipline ourselves and push oursleves further then most others who ride. We (and some Uni riders) are the elite when it comes to riding a bike, willing to ride what seems impossible and doing it with ease.
    With all this said, don't be or become like those who bag us. If u meet, hear or read about someone doing that, don't say a word, just smile and know the truth.

:werd:

16. Elan

Elan steve french

there are some bmx riders, if given a trials bike, could woop it up on like a huge majority of actual trials riders.... have you seen some of that shit?

17. DMArnt

DMArnt Guest

Most trials vid I have seen get boring. What is needed some style added in the editing and decent music. An example I can think of is "canberratrials13". That vid is great. Good editing and good sounds to go with it. Even then it has the potential to be even better. Its a movie I can watch over and over again.
    Some stylie examples are the "No Friends" series. These guys took surfing and bodyboarding vids to a whole new level. The same can happen here. :bigthumb:

With that said, I can only watch so much non trials, bike vids before I get bored. "Oh look someone else doing a manual .. oww. What another jump?
    yay. A set of stairs, riding at a skate park? .. wow" - YAWN. :down:

:werd:

18. DMArnt

DMArnt Guest

Yeah I have. But most of those are the guys are humble and don't bag others. U find its the riders that are not very good to average who do the bagging.

19. philth

philth Active Member

Who cares man...a certian rapper by the name of Jay Z must like trials...in the last song of the Black album he mentions "dude your bike aint even got a seat"..wooo uci all the way to Rockafella

20. AndyT

AndyT New Member

:rofl:

I make sure to brush my shoulder off all the time.