Mt. Scott Ride 12/5/04

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by Ross, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Ross

Ross New Member

Time for another Mt. Scott ride, who is up for it? This time, we are probably going to ride Mt. Scott for a few hours, and then go to a place called valley of the boulders. Josh says this place kicks even more ass than Mt. Scott, though I'm not sure that is possible. Any Austin guys gonna be able to make it this time? Anyway, here are some directions in case you have never been there before.

From Dallas-take US Hwy 287 north to Wichita Falls, and I-44 north to Lawton. In Lawton, take Hwy 62 west through town. About 9 miles out of town is Hwy 115. Take 115 north four miles and you are at the Refuge. Or you could just drive on I-44 to Hwy 49 (exit 45) and head west to the Refuge.

We will most likely meet at the top of Mt. Scott between 9:00 and 10:00 AM

Oklahoma people:
    Ross
    Josh

Dallas people:
    Jeff
    Stan
    John
    Sean (Texarkana)

Austin people:
    TBA

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004
  2. skritek

skritek Guest

Jeff, John a ja tam urcite budem uz se tesim , takze v nedeli

3. Ross

Ross New Member

Ok. Thanks.

4. Ross

Ross New Member

There is a chance of snow for Lawton tomorrow but it looks like it is going to warm up later in the week, I am going to keep my eye on the 5 day forcast HERE. Lets hope for good weather.

5. Trialsaddict

Trialsaddict I have no idea.

What are they considering to be "warm" up in the moutains?Im down for riding in the snow...lol

6. Ross

Ross New Member

When I said warm up, I just meant to above freezing temperatures so it wont be snowing on us. Riding in snow wouldnt be bad, but riding while it is snowing could get ugly.

Are any guys from Austin or other parts of Texas going to make the trip?

7. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

My goal has been to finish some projects before Sunday but I just cant. Ill be here having all the fun in Oracle and typing papers while you guys ride. :(

8. Shorty2020

Shorty2020 Guest

im goimg to be there so il cya u guys at the top

9. charles

charles New Member

i can't make it...i have a hockey tournament all day

10. Shorty2020

Shorty2020 Guest

srry guys just got grounded so i wont be seeing yall after all

11. Ross

Ross New Member

Friggin high school kids, gettin grounded, that was SOOO last year. Charles, what hockey team do you play for? I played hockey for 8 years in Dallas.

12. BikeTrialGuy

BikeTrialGuy Guest

got my carbon lever in...im in for sunday. valley of the boulders is a bit of a hike from the beaten path, but it will blow your mind. it would probably be safe to brink a backpack with water/snacks. im not shitting...granite boulders as big as your whole house just lying around. you can walk underneath it all and not see daylight.

-josh-

13. Ross

Ross New Member

Sounds good, I say we ride for a few hours on Mt. Scott and then head to THE VALLEY!

14. Edge

Edge New Member

Sean from Texarkana is coming up for this too.

15. Ross

Ross New Member

Well, today totally sucked. I hope you dallas guys didnt get all the way to Lawton before you realized that the weather was going to be HORRIBLE. Josh and I arrived at Mt. Scott and realized that it was gated off to cars. We waited til about 9:30 for you guys, then went and explored the valley of the boulders, without bikes I might add. After a 90 minute hike, we headed back to the base of Mt. Scott and decided to go riding. After about a half hour of slipping on moss-covered rocks, we headed back to Norman. What a horrible day...

16. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

Rained here all day too, wonder what the Dallas guys ended up doing.

17. Trialsaddict

Trialsaddict I have no idea.

Maaaan, thats shitty.

18. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

i had school sat. so i didnt wanna drive up in one day, plus i was out till 4 last night.........