movies review thread

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by RobbieP, Jun 20, 2010.

1. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

ill start:

Robinhood- 2/10 - russel crowe looks at marian before going into battle and tells her he loves her after speaking about 5 words to her prior to that. I instantly walked out of theater because I just didn't care how it ended. apparently she SHOWS up on the battle field out of nowhere later on haha. It tried to hard to be like gladiator and it just didn't work for this movie.

Shutter Island - 8/10 - I really liked this movie... some real thought went into the plot and dialog. I don't wanna give anything away but it had an awesome finish to it. This movie evoked emotion out of me which is pretty rare for movies these days. I actually ended up watchin this movie 3 times... red box got 3 bucks out of me.

2. Stiiick

Stiiick Fat guy on a little bike

yeah robinhood was lame... the fight scenes are what kept me i guess

shutter island was weird but i liked the twists made you think twice about it.

im curious about the Ateam i just assume its going to be brutal
    anyone seen it yet?

3. unibikeling

unibikeling New Member

:rofl: to the part of walking out of the theatre.

I love shutter island, although it was a little confusing from going to it at the latest show at like 11pm.

4. mtnbikerfred

mtnbikerfred Member

Avitar in 3D, sobriety optional

⁑D

5. RobbieP

6. bigfoot rider

bigfoot rider New Member

It made me this sad

[​IMG]

On a related note, Shrek 4 was okay, I'd give it a 7.5/10.

I didn't mind Robin Hood either, and I'd rate it somewhere around 7.

I also saw Get Him to the Greek, and it literally sucked ballsack. 1/10 on a good day...

7. RobbieP

fuckin puss n boots!!

8. unibikeling

unibikeling New Member

Went to shrek 4 with a girl, so i give it a 9/10, well, 8/10 because the damn 3d glasses they gave us cut off most of my vision so i saw like a 1inch by 1inch square.

Robin hood was... eh. Idk, i liked the storyline, and the fight scenes were alright, longer than it should have been, and the last scene was kind of useless.

My own:

Book of Eli:
    i give it round an 8 out of 10, Love the copious amounts of gore, the good plot, and the biblical meaning behind it all. Really interesting. I highly recomend shutting off your TV and not watching the last 5 minutes, lost time you will never get back. Last 5 minutes suck worse than any movie i have seen.

The Invention Of Lying:

9/10, quite awesome. Good actors, good meaning, good humor. Worth a watch. It makes you rethink life a little.

Clash Of The Titans:
    4/.. no wait, 3/10, complete fucking waste of my time. For christs sake that movie can DIAF. If you can stand the cheesy as hell dialogue and stupid scenes, you'll have different opinions.

Green Zone:
    If you're into movies about historical events that could have happened, but never did, watch it. I'll give it about a 7/10. Good plot, good acting, but the fact that the event was lead on to be somewhat actual, and then end without anything being accomplished really takes a lot out of it.

Hurt Locker:
    Awesome, 8/10, because some of the movie is pointless, but i really liked most of it. Really cool. I enjoyed it.

Cop Out:
    Snuck into this one because apparently i'm not allowed to vouch for people's ages. A little long but pretty good, 8/10. Pretty funny. I recommend watching it.

Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day
    Complete fucking awesomeness. 10/10. Words cannot explain how awesome this movie is. Just like the first only with an extension of the first one's plot. Lots of gore, lots of shooting, lots of guns and prayers. Also lots of general bad-assness. Pretty good :)

And that sums up what i do with my time OTHER than masturbating and the interwebs.

9. mcrae

mcrae Guest

The invention of lying is probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was basically one gigantic ad for budweiser and pizza hut, the potential was there for a great movie, but I thought it was terrible. It was just a romantic comedy at it's worst. Ricky gervais has gone downhill ever since he started trying to please an American audience.

10. unibikeling

unibikeling New Member

Meh, i spose so. I liked it. Well, i looked past that part :p. I just really liked the idea behind it all.

11. unibikeling

unibikeling New Member

More...

moon:
    9/10. Interesting... Really Interesting. Psychological thriller. Uhh. Watch it. It's pretty interesting. Weird..

The Man From Earth:
    I mean, nothing goes on in this movie other than talking, but it's like being told an amazing story. If you can allow your mind to stomach it (ha, pun), you'll like it. It's a really cool concept i think.

Brother From Another Planet:
    Haha. Weird, funny, independant and low budget. Also interesting. Worth a watch.

Starship Troopers
    7/10. Random nudity, good humor i think, kind of cheesy, But i liked it. Idk, some of it was kind of crappy but oh well. Good waste of time i spose.

This Is England
    uhh... I can't even rate this, i got too bored and stopped watching it. It really drags on. It's odd... Idk, Probably not worth watching it.

Organism
    Probably 7/10 for sci fi movies. it's pretty decent, worth a watch.

Mars Attacks
    I love this movie :). 10/10 as far as i'm concerned.

THX 1138
    Fucking boring. It's cool i suppose? Idk, weird as fuck, and drags on a long time. Ending is cool though.

The Postman
    Cheesy, Corny, but i like it a lot. Really interesting apocalyptic take on life. Worth the 2 hours it probably is.

12. Stiiick

i like your movie reviews and i would like to subscribe to your news letter

13. unibikeling

unibikeling New Member

definitely.

You can subscribe by sending a request to

[email protected]

The newsletter is entitled: Movie Chronicals by a 17 Year Old Kid Who has Nothing Better to Do.

Kthxbai.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  14. Stiiick

lol way to be a jerk

15. Get Him To The Greek- Was not nearly as funny as "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", It had it's moments but I had wanted to piss myself laughing and it did not deliver. There are random tits and the like. Worth a rent. 6/10

16. unibikeling

unibikeling New Member

solo bromeando :)

By the way, is Salt out yet? It looks like it's going to completely suck. I don't even know why i waste the time wondering.

17. handiman

handiman New Member

nice reviews. the man from earth is amazing, saw it like 4 times this past semester, kept wanting to show it to friends. shutter island was good too, worth a rewatch. i remember watching THX1138 a while back, and it was the only movie in recent history i actually stopped because i didn't like it. also fell asleep though it.

some other amazing mindfuck twisting movies you should watch are Primer and Revolver. both some of my favorites. amazing.

18. unibikeling

unibikeling New Member

Haha. I don't know if any friends of mine would like The Man From Earth. Haha, good story though. I got sucked in by it pretty good, also i like the variety of the cast. Yeah, i actually took about a 3-4 hour break from it half way through.

And i just updated my netflix queue :)

Nick and Noras Infinite Playlist:
    Eh, it's a love story, but oh well, it's really well made. It's kind of a comedy romance, and feels really long, but it's a good movie if you have nothing else. maybe 6-7/10.

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind:
    Good mind-fuck. This movie forces you to pay attention and think. It made my mind run in circles attempting to figure out past from present. Really pretty decent. 8/10 probably.

Also, pardon, i'm trying to get a bit more harsh with my rating scale.

Saints and Soldiers:
    All around good WWII movie. Loved it, good humor, good drama. Dialogue and plot were fantastic. I would not watch again though. Not one I can rewatch...

19. Ramrod

Ramrod My body is ready.

Battle Royal:
    Fucked up story, movie was pretty good. It was in japanese and had english subtitles. 8/10, will watch second