Mountain bikes only ESPN X-Games Skatepark @ Grapevine Mills

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by Sonic, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

This Friday from 11pm to 1am the ESPN X-Games skatepark will be reserved for mountain bikes only, I figure this is a good time for trials riders to hit up a park at least once. The skatepark does this once a year for Bicycles Inc I believe. Here is text from the thread at DORBA.org that talks about the event:

Check out pictures of the park here: http://www.xgamesskatepark.com/dallasphotos.html

It's a really nice park, Ive been there a few times just to check it out, Id really like to ride it. $10 for two hours is kind of steep, but it's a once a year kind of thing.

I dont know how willing I am to come out that night since we'll be doing Big Rocks Park on Saturday, but if anyone else is in I might come on up.

2. Sonic

Heh, awesome, I didnt know the Mills had their name printed on top of the complex. :sonic: I love this stupid viewing program too much...

[​IMG]

3. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

:eek: i am about 85% sure that i will go :eek:

4. cyclochip

cyclochip New Member

I kinda made plans to help Kelley's family that night, but I might be able to make it out... If not to ride, to at least take some pics.

I've been either sick or busy - I've only ridden twice since I moved here and those were only strolls around the 'hood on the Surly. The Mono-Cog needs some park action!

5. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

hey cyclo, you have a monocog?

6. cyclochip

cyclochip New Member

Yeah, built it up as a project while I was laid up with the broken ankle that eventually made me lose my desire for trials.

It's been though a few incarnations, but currently it's set up as a do-it all type bike. Knobbies for the dirt and FSA cranks / Evil bashring for playing in the parks. Rigid fork.

You have one?

7. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

yeah, mine is set up for do it all too. I XC on it, i attempt trials on it, i do urban/free ride on it, ive done dirt jumps with it. I have 2.5"s on it, a Psylo SL, i upraged almost everything. Here is an older picture of it [​IMG]
    since that pic, i upgraded levers, post, stem, BB, cranks, front tire, and cables.

8. Hardline

Hardline Member

Hey Dustin. I know that I will be there. Stan is going and he said he was bringing both his trials bike and his SS Chameleon. I do not know if I am going to bring the Zebdi or just my Chameleon. I know alot of the Arlington urban riders will be there also.

9. Sonic

Sweet, so Stan, JJ, myself, and hopefully Steven all rounded off with Chip coming out too, this could be pretty awesome. :sonic:

If all of you are coming Ill definitely come out.

10. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

hey, yeah im going :bigthumb:, that is if you are going

11. Sonic

Im leaving now, Ill see you guys there. If anyone needs to call me: 972-948-9080

If you can make it out Chip, thatd be awesome!

12. Sonic

Eh, that's the last time I ride park, I got that out of my system now, I just about hated that. Back to my natty.

13. cyclochip

cyclochip New Member

Sorry I couldn't make it, Dustin. We got done with the photo shoot about 10:45, and I was just too tired to mess with anything but getting some dinner and lying on the couch.

Sounds like it wasn't much fun, anyway...

14. Sonic

It wasnt that bad, it's just the trials rider in me demanding that I ride trials 100% of the time. That park is really slick too, Ive ridden GPX in Grand Prairie a dozen or so times and Ive never had a problem with slipping around, but at the X-Games park I might as well have been riding ice. :p

No problem on you not coming out, plenty of opportunities with all this beautiful weather. :sonic:

15. Hardline

Hardline Member

It was cool to ride something different but even with my urban bike it was just not my style of riding. I thought I would have had more fun than I did. Oh well. Just not my bag.Hey Dustin you asked me if I was going to sell my trials bike. Am I that much of a slacker? :ugh:

16. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

I rode park on my mod and I had alot of fun! I totally forgot about that...It was only like 20 minutes though