Motorcycle trials comp. in Kentucky!

Discussion in 'Midwest, USA' started by sammy, Jul 26, 2004.

1. sammy

sammy New Member

Just thought I would mention this trials comp this coming weekend at SaddleBack Park just below Madison, Indiana.
    If you ever wanted to see one of these comps here is your chance, for the people in that area. Ryan Young and David Chavez will be competing, they are both Pros and have huge Bicycle back grounds. Myself along with a couple others will have are Trials bicycles along so we can have a riding session after the comp on Saturday and then again on Sunday morning before the event starts for a warm up.
    A few of the people who ride in the motorcycle comps are also into Unicycle trials I seen at least two at the last comp.
    I'll post a link below for directions and the moto-website.
    Who knows maybe we could make a connection on events for both motos/bici's!

http://www.trialsinc.org/

2. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Is the even on both days? Or just 31st? I am thinking of going as its only 3hrs away. Just need to find the means to get there.

3. sammy

sammy New Member

Roman Its both Saturday and Sunday, I'll be camping for sure on Sat. night possibly Friday. I have not been to this location so I'm not sure what the terrain is like? But I know for sure there will be like 4 of us riding Bicycles after the event on Sat. thats moto-guys, unless some bike guys show up.
    Hope you can join us!

Also, I'm looking real hard at some dates for a fall two day biketrials, I will have to coordinate the time period with my associates. I'm sorry for the during school time period, but I'm thinking less bugs and milder temps!
    Just not sure if one day or two is better? Input on this would be appreciated!

sam

4. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Well hopefully since you guys are holding a moto-trials contest there should be some stuff to ride on a bike. Unless its all about hill climbs and crossing streams.

I would prefer a one day event as I am not big on camping and don't want to sprain for a hotel room :)

5. sammy

sammy New Member

Roman, Im sure there is plenty for us to ride on at SaddelBack! I Imagine there is rock formation.
    As for a two day, you or anyone else need not fear, I've got a fairly good size basement you can crash in.
    As far as that goes we could do one day at Warsaw and the next at my place which is 30min. north!
    Will see what happens.

sam

6. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Looks like I should be able to make it to KY with a friend of mine. We are still deciding on the day. Sat or Sunday.

7. sammy

sammy New Member

Roman,

I'm sorry I do not mean to be pushy but Saturday after the event would be the best chance for us to have a riding session.
    I'm bringing two trials bikes and know for sure there will be four of us riding for sure.
    But I do relize you guys may not want to spend the night.
    You must remember on bicycles are level of riding is lowend sport, unless we can get Chavez to ride.
    To be honest there may only be roughly 50 trials/moto competetors at this event, I'm not sure.

sam

8. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

ok we will try for Sat then. I am curious if I can do the moto sections (if they don't involve riding steep hills etc)

9. sammy

sammy New Member

I kinda doubt if you would be able to ride the sections during the event, but afterwards, yes. The last trials in Ohio had extremely wild rock sections, would have been great to attempt on bicycles.

sam

10. sammy

sammy New Member

Roman are you guys still going?

sam

11. sammy

sammy New Member

Update Roman,

Just got word there is a good size stadium section in the parking lot area, it includes rocks, spools and logs. This should provide alot of riding and I'm sure in a short distance there will be tons of natural!
    You may want to bring some buisness cards and a frame this could be a oppurtunity to show boat your frames!

sam

12. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

my buddy just bailed on me. He kinda waited to the last second I guess. So I don't know if I can get a ride.

Edit: I'll see what I can muster

Ok looks like I will go. I don't really have any frames to show off except what is on my bike. I will just need to figure out exact directions and such. Can you PM me your cell in case I get lost or something?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004