Most bought and sold trials bike

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by maltesian, Jul 26, 2012.

1. maltesian

maltesian Member

I felt the need to point out that the most bought and sold trials bike is probably an Inspired Fourplay. Every time I come on here and look for shit, I almost always see a fourplay listed something like "I'm selling my inspired fourplay, it has only about 12 hrs of riding on it and I don't have the time for it anymore". Yes, I am one of these people, being the owner of a fourplay for a year. I'd like to know what it is with these bikes.I tried to hold onto mine as long as possible but I knew selling it was eventually gonna come. :sadwavey:

2. Father Time

Father Time New Member

I think it's more about the people who are buying them and not the actual bike itself. Everyone saw Danny riding one and thought they could do the same shit right from the beginning. They got the bike and realized that it takes years of dedication to become a talented rider. They give up and sell the bike. People seem to be more about instant gratification these days. They feel that if they spend a couple grand on a bike they'll be able to ride it right out of the box.

3. i wouldnt blame the bike...id blame whoever did the fantastic editing for danny mac's april09 video..subsequently baiting hundreds of rubbery noobs into thinking a $1500 bike would help in their quest to backflip off of trees..

4. dark_biker

dark_biker Alex Dark

In the UK there seem to be tonnes of Inspireds ( of every type ) and echo 24 bikes for sale...

5. eaterofdog

eaterofdog Two dollars... cash

I dig my 24 street, but I wouldn't want is as my only trials-type bike. Not everybody has space/money for multiple bikes.

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Purchase bike, can't backflip of tree, sell bike.

7. dannyboy

dannyboy Active Member

8. sk8dad

sk8dad every ounce of fun

You guys seem to think this is a bad thing. The more noobs give up the more affordable the used bike market is for the rest of us when we break stuff or just want a second..er..Nth bike. I'm all for people dumping their ridden-for-2-hours bikes. Keep em coming!

9. maltesian

maltesian Member

yea it seems people get macaskill hardons after watching a video of him and then its straight to tartybikes or trialspads. At least when I had mine I road it for a summer and got some good use out of it and I definitely feel that it helped me progress in my riding for sure. It wasn't one of those 10 hr deals. But it always amazes me how much inspired shit gets posted on here.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  10. perkins

perkins New Member

I'm guilty of buying one... not riding it much... and then selling it. I absolutely hated that bike. I grew up on a bmx, rode trials for years, really got into street stuff, and then got back into trials. I thought it would be a fun bike to relive my past with. Nope. Suck for trials... sucked for street. Some guys kill it on that bike, but it just wasn't for me. I need 26" wheels. Waiting on the Hex to come with a rear disc mount, then I'll probably replace my Capriolo with that. Hopefully the frame that TRA is on makes it past the prototype stages!

11. cwtrials

cwtrials Active Member

Ya. Pretty much did the same thing with my Ashton. Bought it, thought it'd be a fun trip back to my roots and hated it.

12. maltesian

maltesian Member

I thought the fourplay would be a good all rouder, it is I guess to a point, but definitively not as trialsy as I thought. Now the hex, that might be a different story and would like to try a 26" street someday.

13. eaterofdog

How high is the bb on the inspired bikes? My Because is +25, I think anything lower than that would be the zone of suck.

14. giannib

giannib New Member

Is it that hard to have a look at tartybikes or trialspads yourself?

15. treewizzard

treewizzard draquella is back!

is it that hard to say +20mm?
    the 2012's look to be +25mm

16. giannib

giannib New Member

When you don´t know?Yes,very hard.

17. treewizzard

treewizzard draquella is back!

how can you call yourself a trials rider if you dont even know the bb rise of an inspired?

18. eaterofdog

Is it not shameful?

19. Chaotic3vil

Chaotic3vil Member

Trials and BMX are way too different forms of riding. Basically the optimal geometries for these two are the opposite. If you get a in between geometry you'll never get the best qualities of both. It's just a matter of perspective. Some people can look it as a shit bike because it's shit for both disciplines or they can look at it as a compromise which Is what It is.. Maybe It can't reach those 45/50" sidehops, but It will tuck under you on a fast stairgap, It won't pedal-up/bunny up 45/50" easily, but I will hold a nice and steady manual after a 35/40" wall..etc.. Personally I went from 4.5 years riding a mod to an inspired and I wouldn't turn back. I learned a lot of proper bike riding, these couple of years with the inspired. The static movement of trials is cool but when speed gets into the equation it just gets better.