more hook help...

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by sebLG, Mar 24, 2004.

1. sebLG

sebLG New Member

hello all,

http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/download.cgi?mem_id=14800&fil_unique=QGFbUtTM228AACp4Ut0

thats a link to a video of me trying to learn to hookup. i was wondering if some of you could possibly help me to learn to hook well. i am trying to do them completely UCI from the start. if its not too much trouble could you please watch that and tell me what im doing wrong and what i should do, that would be a really big help. thanks heaps!!! also if it helps at all i am using two and a half unbroken pedal rotations, i am way sketchy with that, let along proper run-ups. speed is something that i have alot of trouble dealing with.

cyall.

ps: dont laugh at the stack in the beggining, i put that in coz its fucken funny :p .

2. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

lean way far fowards and hit it at an angle so your pedal dosent hit.. just keep tryin ;)

3. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Goddamned engodoodle looked like fuckin acid trip .

4. sebLG

sebLG New Member

hmmmm, i tried more today, stopped my pedal from hitting but still whats happening is i just cant manage to get my rear wheel to go up well enough. :( ... like the way hermance does it and goes onto his front wheel just bringing his rear up like it nothing ... lol, i wish i could do that! i went a bit faster and herder into the wall today and that made it feel a bit easier. and i got soooo close its not funny!!! so frustrating.

5. sebLG

sebLG New Member

6. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

what the fuck?

i watched the second one, first off put a helmet on, its hard when ploughing the front wheel in and smacking your head is an option. second off i was psyched for some vertical action, howeve since it isnt, lean the pallet more till you get it, then tilt it steeper and steeper.

7. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

ps hot s, i dont care how worn your old tyre is, that shit is gay.

8. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Ya a Helmet is a great idea. That is a long distance to fall.

9. sebLG

sebLG New Member

yeah i was thinking a helmet would probably help, i tend not to wear one at home. and the pallet is as vertical as i could get it, you could see how the pallet was falling towards me (not when my pedal cought in the first one) from bouncing back when i hit it. and i did do the progression thing, its just i cant make it at this level, almost vertical is getting pretty fooken hard. can you make proper hooks yet alex? would be awsome if ya could.

and also the stack at the beggining of the first one i found pretty funny .. just coz i look like a goofy goose when im in the air with my legs spread apart. that was unintentional by the way.

10. alexm

alexm Member

i dont think your going at enough of an angle on those hooks. when i do it, i sort of angle as if im doing a big wheelswitch.

helmet is good but i know where your coming from with the whole backyard thing. i dont wear one in mine ;)

Alex

11. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

no i was suggesting you lean it less vertical untill you can get it then make it steeper slowly.

i was saying you were contradicting your self by saying dont laugh i put this in becaue it is fucking funny.

i havnt ridden since friday.

i dont wear a helmet in my backyard most of the time either, but if you are hitting high shit hard on a long bike i think it is a good idea if for only confidence.

12. sebLG

sebLG New Member

yeah i did the progression(leaning less then more) thing, but at this hard an angle i am struggling. i might put it back i tiny bit, but angled hooks are for gayboys, i did a hopper bigger than that, but with a nice easy angle, quite ... easily.

lol, i am stupid, i contradict myself, i go to grammar, i am stupid :p , you are just embarrasing me there, or maybe im just embarrasing myself in the first place, or maybe ... umm :ugh:

hmm, myesh ok, i think we should go to that hookup wall on friday ... you think so? would be fun :) .

yeah i see where you are coming from with the helmet thing, again, im stupid, and i am invincible coz i go to grammar, so i dont need a helmet :p , lol, i will be wearing one from now on now that you have raised my fears about dying, its just im so used to not wearing a helmet in the yard, only when i ride elswhere (always when i ride elsewhere) but i wasnt thinking of it at the time of hookage, all i was thinking was about what to do to do this hook properly.

cya.