Observed Trials banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear I shoot more than B&W, but lately I've been saving the expensive slide stuff for other project and just shooting the cheapo Tri-X stuff for trials. Anyway, I experimented with the flash/fisheye combo for the entire roll, so that is why some aren't that crisp or the exposure isn't great. Anyway, this is a little playground near my house that we played around on last weekend...

I think every time I post I should post a picture of Mike being retarded, so here goes...

Mike dented/cracked his rim really badly trying a 180, hard to tell but really nasty in real life.

Dropping off the narrow back of a bench, note the eye.

Style...

Me in the middle of a trick I don't have a name for yet: roll into an endo, then hop your left foot onto the right pedal, meanwhile your right foot does a cancan over the top tube, then back to normal for the roll out. Any name ideas?

Mike doing an X-up, note the crappy harsh highlights from my equally crappy flash...

Nearly killed myself getting this angle, after the shot was taken, I slipped of the edge I was perched upon. The kid was very annoying, btw, but we were very nice to him anyway...

Again, this should show how crappy my flash is, oh and I suck at mettering too...

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
coo' pics pancho- i think for that patented P Anderson move it should be called either the Whale Eye or the Pickel Jar... just a random ass thought.

·
Administrator
2,987 Posts
Those are some really nice pics Pancho, as Adam said, you shouldn't be so critical. If you don't mind me asking, what fish eye lense did you buy?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a Cannon something or other that was an aftermarket for my GL1, but I happened to find a nice 28-90mm lens with the same diameter as the Cannon (58mm), so I can now use it with my Pentax. It works alright, it saved me a couple of hundred dollars, but the vignetting is horrible relativly speaking, compared to the shortened focal length.

About being critical, that is the best thing about photography for me. I love doing all the preperation involved in capturing an image, then simply pressing a button, and then criticizing the hell out of the product. I really don't like to modifiy an image after it has been printed (with the exception of in my darkroom, because that is a very similiar process as the actual photo taking), and you should note that I rarely crop, or in any way modify an image on the computer before I upload it. Considering I want to make a career out of photography, and looking at my current skill level, I'd better be EXTREMELY critical of myself if I wish to make it anywhere.

Thanks for the compliments tho, I appreciate them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.