Monty Wheelset vs Echo wheelset

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by nidoss, Sep 20, 2004.

1. nidoss

nidoss Guest

I just called webcyclery to see about a echo team and they dont have the echo wheel set and didnt expect any for quite some time say not until around november. So they offered to put a monty wheelset on instead of the echo........is that a good idea?

For those of you with the echoteam is your rear wheel 19" ? i know monty does that for some reason but i wasnt sure if anyone else did that as well.

anyway
    thanks

2. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Pretty much all real mod bikes use this size rear wheel. The monty rims are nice, and should last you a long time. 19" is standard for competition level trials bikes(mods anyhow). Go for it buddy, and enjoy your new bike!!

3. Tanner

Tanner New Member

I'd just change the rear rim to a DX-32 19", because my grinds don't last long at all on my monty rim

4. Elan

Elan steve french

monty wheels are nice as echo wheels are.... should work fine me thinks.

5. nidoss

nidoss Guest

Thanks for the help guys. I wasnt sure if there was a significant difference in durability between the two or not. Id like to get a dx32 rear wheel and all but the bike is costing enough at the moment as is.

6. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

If you end up getting the X-lite monty mod wheels, just keep an eye on the rear axle they are aluminum and bend easily. other than that they are great.