Mini DV cameras and fisheyes

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by oicdn, Nov 13, 2004.

1. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Looking to get a DV and a fisheye lense. Nothing extravagent, just something that I can transfer to my putor, and edit. A fisheye....does it really make a difference?

Will those Sony's, Panasonics, or Cannons from say like Walmart or Target be any good? What about eBay, anybody recommend I stay away from eBay for DV cameras?

I'm not looking to spend a ton....not even sure on a pricerange...more or less, something that works, has good picture quality and most of all fairly cheap...

2. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

well alot of people dont like the look of the pictures fisheyes make. panasonic gs120

3. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Fisheyes really help with things like trials and skating because of the wide angle view. You can see more of the bike at a shorter distance than with a normal one. I however think either would be fine. I also hope youll be making skimboarding videos very soon!! :ugh:

4. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

dont get a fisheye, i did. it is the best one in the world for digital video, the same one every professional skate video is shot with. peopl eon the internet just pissed and moaned about how come they are fucking retarded and cant tell how big stuff is when i use it. not that i listen to those complaints....

seriously though, raynox and kenko make very affordable fisheye lenses, some are thread on, some are clip on. they can be found for like 70-200 bucks. good mini dv camera start around 400. i recomend the canon elura stuff for the budget. you get the same technology on the inside with a better lens from canon in that price range.

5. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I particularly like the look of the Fisheye cause you can see it closer(stated above)...that, and shitty cameraman on a normal view gives me a headache...the less movement the better....

I've actually shot some footage already for a vid...here's a teaser, right click save as

Lemme know about editing etc....not a fisheye, but you get an idea of how my "style" will be....

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  6. oicdn

oicdn Guest