Mike's Megamo Equip 26"

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by RomanR, Jul 13, 2004.

1. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

2. sebLG

sebLG New Member

that monty's rim has been knurled ... how does that work? well?? nice bike btw :bigthumb:

3. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Ah, the knurled rim. I got the pic from vtcz. It's not from the Monty, some one had it done to their rim. It's claimed to work as well as a grind, even a bit better in the wet since the water can just channel off, and it lasts much longer than a grind, but it's a bit risky doing it, since the process relies completely on pressure to imprint the pattern onto the sidewalls. It's possible to get the rim crushed, so it has to be done with not too much pressure, and also with something reinforcing the sidewalls from inside. Also, finding a place that has the tools to fit can be hard, and it's not cheap to do. So just keep on grinding.

4. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

Hooray for Megamos, anyone want to buy my frame, fork, headset, stem, rear disc, bar in about a month so i can buy a mod?

5. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Maude? Really? Stay stock, or keep your stuff, you'll miss it. Chris Stephenson bought a mod and after a month wanted to kill it. But I figure you've looked into it enough etc to know what you want. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2004
  6. JonMacKinnon

JonMacKinnon Guest

Thats pretty nice. What B+S is that? I would love to get my bike to look a bit like that, I need to get my rim dished and stuff though as it is out of dish in my Megamo whereas in the Koxx it was fine :s .

Tell your mate, Nice bike!

7. poutine

poutine Guest

Its stephenson.

8. oicdn

oicdn Guest

It's always nice to see Megamo's........