Michelins Red tire?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by sammy, Dec 12, 2004.

1. sammy

sammy New Member

This is a stupid question, I know! But I'm wondering if the red tires by Michelin leaves marks on concrete floors. I'm wanting to ride in my garage/basement, just dont want to leave skid marks? Thought there would be a remote chance the compound in these colored tires would not.

Sam(super skidder):nuts:

2. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Yeah, just as black tires leave black marks, the michelin hot s will leave faint red marks. If you try to backwheel a ledge and slip down, it will leave a red skid mark on it. I guess it depends on how rough the cement is, if it's super super smooth, it might not leave a mark as much as rougher cement.

I used to have some marks in my garage when i ran a front hot s, but it's nowhere near as noticeable as a black tire mark. If you do get a big mark, a plastic brush will take care of that.

3. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea, it BAIRLY leaves marks, i put them on my bike last winter when i was riding in my basement, MUCH nicer than getting yelled at lol

4. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I've only ever managed to leave red tyre marks from my HotS's twice, and I've run five of them over three years. One was at the skatepark when a skatie kid leaped in front of my and I did a stella front wheel lockup on the waxed concrete. Still hit the little fucker. Serves'm'right for waxing. Fuckers.

- Joel