Michelin Hot S Tire

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by karmapolice, Jun 29, 2004.

1. karmapolice

karmapolice Guest

I was just wondering how The Michelin Hot S Tire feels on the back? I am going to build up a new wheel and wanted to try that tire on the back but I wanted some opinions about it. Thanks a lot for your comments

2. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

I just put a 2.2 on the back. It feels great, grips well and its fairly light. Also looks great.

3. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

no dont use for rear. my opinion any way.

4. blake

blake Guest

sidewalls are a little thin...

i rode the hot s for quite a while... while the traction is great and the red color is pimpy, i had some pretty serious pinch flat issues. my tire of choice for the rear is a Tioga Factory DH 2.3... its a little heavy but i weigh about 185 and i have not yet pinched flated on it. I tend to run the pressure between 35 and 40psi depending on whether im riding street or natural terrain. Id say save the hot s for the trail bike and go for a hefty tire with a fat sidewall.

5. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Michelin Comp 24.1 2.2 or 2.5 goes on the rear. And you also run it with sub 20psi...

6. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

The Hot S tire is a thin sidewalled fold-o-matic tire. I would stick to a Michelin comp24.1 2.2" or 2.5" downhill tire or a dual ply Maxxis in super tacky compound.

7. Elan

Elan steve french

i used to ru na hot.s in the front of my bike, but i replaced it with a maxxis minion ST single-ply..best decision ever made.

8. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

i run a hot s with a dh tube. it never flats. ive had about 4 flats in almost a year(with a normal tube), 2 of them being nails in the tire.

9. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Yes, with a dh tube it will be much much better against pinchflats, just as other thin sidewalled tires will be. Thing is, after putting on a big tube, the whole thing ends up weighing the same as a comp 24 with a normal tube, so looks would be the only reason left to run the tire.

10. Elan

Elan steve french

taht an the fact that 24/1 compound grips 10x better than a hots.

11. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

maxxis on the rear and a panaracer fire up the front will do anyone fine i would think, the Hot S looks pimp but it has sidewalls like a el gato and thats a really bad thing. You need to run a huge pressure or be a feather weight with every move. The choice is yours

12. Mehukatti

Mehukatti Guest

don't use thin wall tires on rear unless you want to have several snake bites every day.

13. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

ive pinched a front hot s w/ 20psi...i used to love them, but now that im going bigger.....