Michelin DH 24.1 tubeless??

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by CRAK_BOT, Dec 14, 2004.

1. CRAK_BOT

CRAK_BOT Guest

Hello,

I just got a Michelin Dh 24.1 tire and on the side it says "FOR TUBELESS UST"

Do they all say this or did they send me the wrong one?? Sorry if this is a stupid question but none of my other tires said this.

Thanks

2. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

They all say it, it's fine. Mine says Nagesti tubeless or something. It will work on normal rims just fine.

3. oicdn

oicdn Guest

It also just means it's gonna be a pain in the ass to get on and off....well, all DH tires are a pain in the ass to get off. Buy some steel park levers. You'll thank yourself later....

4. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Ya...tell me about it...I thought I broke my fingers trying to pry off the Comp tire. I have Pedro's pro tire lever...life time warranty, strong as hell.

5. CRAK_BOT

CRAK_BOT Guest

Thanks for help. I'm glad I don't have to ship that thing back since UPS considers it "oversized" and charges a fortune.

By the way, I think your right about the tire levers, It looks like this tire would eat my plastic levers for breakfast.

Thanks

6. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Depends on the rim i guess, and if the diameter is off by a couple mm's or so. It goes on and off fairly easily on my d521, with 1 plastic lever. On other people's rims though, it's much harder. I'm getting a new rim in a couple days, so I'll see if it's still the same deal. My front rhyno lite is absolutely crazy for taking tires off or putting them on. Getting a front flat frustrates the hell out of me because of that.

7. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

pyramid steel tire levers. $3.

8. digby

digby New Member

metal levers make such a hooge difference. I have 3 aluminum pedros levers and theyve lasted forever. Dont even try it with wimpy plastic levers, Ive snapped 2-3 of them doing it.