Michelin 2.2 Light on front or Hot S?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by B1105, Apr 6, 2004.

1. B1105

B1105 New Member

Hey there,
    I'm in the process of finishing my bike and was curious if anyone ran a Michelin Comp 24 2.2 Light in the front? I've noticed a lot of Hot S's which I have been running for the last few weeks. The reason I asked was I by mistake ordered the light version of the Comp 24 when I meant to get the normal 2.2 So now, I want to try to make use of the other Comp 24 so I can justify ordering a newer rear one. The Gato and Hot S which I have can be used on another bike or something, possibly a singlespeed.

Just curious,

Thanks

Byron[/quote]

2. Elan

Elan steve french

eh..matt runs one..try it out..i dont think it really matters... whatever floats your penis.

3. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

nah Elan, I don't run a light comp24, I run the regular comp24 2.2 on the front.

4. Elan

Elan steve french

oh sorry... iguess i have no idea what the "light" version is..my guess is its the same exact thing as the hot s but with a wire bead instead of kevlar...??? i donno. i am thinking of getting me a maxxis tire for the front...im not too happy with my hot s today.

5. B1105

B1105 New Member

Yea the Light version is the the same as the Comp 24 2.2 but with a lighter casing/sidewall. Stupid me can never copy QBP numbers down and order retared shit.

Will a Michelin 2.5 fit on the back of a Zebdi Mk3.?

I would like that bounce/beef, but it dont look like it will fit. Its probably a question for Bill since he has this frame before me.

6. Elan

Elan steve french

eh..i had a tioga 2.3 in my zoo, and then switched over to a michelin 2.5. there is like a half mm difference, why not just order the 2.2? ... id say put it on, the comps do have nicer compound than the hot s...i might go for the same thing myself.

7. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

The michelin 2.5 should fit, the michelins run small, and I ran a hutchison 2.5 on that frame for a while, which I'm sure will be a bigger tire. And that comp24 2.2 light sounds like the perfect tire for the front if its the same compound as the regular comp24, just lighter.

Bill