Michel Coustellier Interview - good reading!

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by thetart20, Mar 21, 2004.

1. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

http://www.section7.co.uk/articles.pl?18

They missed a bit out though:

Hahahaha, so funny!

Adam

2. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

hahah nice quote
    anyways good review. i'll hopefully be picking up a pair of those new brake pads!

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

good reading indeed
    Papa Coust definately speaks his mind eh'

4. Allmjm

Allmjm New Member

I liked the article. It wasn't filled with fluff and it seems wasn't Mike wasn't afraid to say what he truely believed. In a sport with lots of suck ups and fakes its good to see someone say whats on their mind.
    Martin

5. B1105

B1105 New Member

I agree, he seems extremely devoted and whatnot to the company and his sons.

6. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

after spending the trip in france with him i can honestly say that i have never met anyone who deserves more respect from me (and everyone for that matter) than him and his sons. of all 26" riders i have to say i like the brothers the most (for mod, marco hosel is my fav). michel speaks his mind and i was amazed at how much i agreed with him. everyone should read this. everyone.

7. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

no, he speaks the truth
    zoo just got :eek:wned:

8. silus2000

silus2000 New Member

I was just changing the channels one day, and I ran across this program called Blue Torch. Some "extreme' sports type of programming, I'm sure many of you have heard of it. In any case, I dont see why someone cant send them the Cous-nottingham vid. I mean, thats the type of stuff producers look for. I can already picture a full on story of Giacomo, Gilles and a whole spew on the trials scene. Maybe their father will get some time to talk shite about Zoo as well.

9. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

because blue torch was replaced with 54321 a long time ago (did i mention that gets my award for "most creative show title ever"? why didnt they just call it "the death of the soul of alternative sports through stereotyping, commercializing, and false representation" - next on fox sports). they wouldnt know what to do with coustellier footage.

10. Elan

Elan steve french

they woulhave anurisms and start pooping through their mouths, then they would have fecal infections in their throats and they would as a consequence, die.

11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

maybe that little deng fag will SHUT THE FUCK UP NOW

12. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

hey so with that bit about caisso, does someone wanna make it perfectly clear for me...is caisso on the cous team?

13. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

i need to sell my zoo...

14. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

He isnt, but Michel regards him as being the best rider in the world at one point. Fair comment i reckon.

15. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

yea good comment in deed. i still think he should go back to megamo though...interesting article though

16. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I definately can understand his points of view and like others have said its about fucking time someone had the balls to formally say what they mean without sucking on gooch.

I guess the one part that I dont dig too much is his comments about the top UK riders. I guess I see trials as being more all encompasing than he does, but its just a personal claim I am becomming more of a lazy freerider anyway...Great article, I wonder if Stephen will bother to read it...

17. pav

pav New Member

hahah i love the bit about how he talks about how the UK riders are sacared of being blown away by the UCI riders

UK riders were :eek:wned:

pav

18. BrettM

BrettM New Member

I don't think he could be any more wrong aboots why they all weren't invited to the bike show. It's a show. Bike sponsors pay money to put it on and in turn get there riders in there.

Besides that its a show. The best riders in the world sometimes arent that exciting, but they are good at comps. In this case I think they are exciting enough. I'd still put money on one of the uk dudes with the move of the event according to people who have no idea what trials is.

19. AndyT

AndyT New Member

brett, they have people like ben savage and vincent coming...plus in the past they have had the standard kenny, caisso, etc riders... all of who the coustelliers can crush- people everywhere would shit their pants to watch them.

Granted most of the crowd would be more impressed with completely douche antics of the brisa riders and 10 foot backwards gaps, they are great show riders.

I'd love to watch akky and tongue along side the cousses, best of both worlds.

20. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

:rofl:

BTW, Im not arguing for either side, I just thought this was great.