Megamo Radical Derailleur hanger?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by oicdn, Jul 19, 2004.

1. oicdn

oicdn Guest

ANybody here know what hanger I can use on my Megamo Radical? This is the 4th time I've bent it back straight, and I think it's time to get some back ups....or start learning to sidehop to the other side better :(

LBS had a whole slew of them, Specialized, GT, C-Dale, Trek, and none of them matched up. I'm thinking that they just didn't have one, or none of them cross-referenceable......

Anybody know?

2. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

If you want to order some from an online trials shop, the Megamo dropouts are the same as the Echo Pure, Zoo Boa, 2003 XTP, Ashton Justice, and a bunch of others, so if any of the trials shops carry those brands, I figure they would have plenty of replacement hangers.

For now, just go to your shop, and get the hanger that closest fits your dropout. If it needs some filing, just do that, and it will get you riding again. All it needs to do is just hold the derailleur in place, relatively straight. Also, the steel magura boosters make dandy in-a-jam hangers.

3. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Cause I called Webcyclery and Trialsin USA, and neither knew which drop-outs would work for the Megamo....Called Megamo USA (Doug Ferrar) and that dude is never there....

Thanks...gonna order some now then.....

**edit** Found them...it's #1 on this pic of Planet X hangers...

[​IMG]

Thanks for the help....

Last edited: Jul 19, 2004
  4. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

Awhile ago I got some from Tim at Trialsin. I have also seen that pic of the PX hangers, on Web's site I think. And as I remember, Web hasn't had the #1 hanger for a long time.

If ya find something, say so. I haven't bent my current hanger, but don't have a backup either.

5. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Yeah...just called, they don't have the #1 one in:down:. So now, I'm back to square one.... I've been looking at pics in the Gallery and of the pics I can actually get a decent view of the rear, the Pure didn't look the same..couldn't see any other ones though :wtc:

6. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

you could ghetto rig it like my buddy ty and find a prety close match, the just cut off the hole and make it the right shape w/ a file or something. you rely on the quick-release to hold it on, but it works just fine.

7. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Found a hanger....

[​IMG]

For KHS bikes. So it should be slightly easier to find....
    98 ALite 500 and 1000
    99 ALite 1000
    01 FLite1000
    Part # 73-079-105

8. Tanner

Tanner New Member

9. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Oh man, you're right, Megamo use different hangers from the other frames I listed. Sorry about that.

[​IMG]

If you don't have luck getting ahold of the KHS number you posted, try Ken at thetrialsinshop, he's got Megamo hangers listed on his site, and for $15 cnd. Go to the bottom:

http://www.thetrialsinshop.com/drivetrain.htm

Edit: Tanner beat me to it.

10. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Thanks! Tim called me back and said it looks like one he has in his shop, but since he can't see the back, he doesn't know if it'll work, so he's gonna send one out and if it works, we're golden, I can snag a couple from him.....

If all else fails...guess I have to hit up Canada.....damn.....$11.50 usd each for something disposeable (gonna buy 5 or so).. But it's prolly cheaper that way than going through KHS....we'll see.

11. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Alright Roman, you've got me curious. Got pics of your Maggy steel booster hanger?

12. co2m

co2m Guest

The megamo dropouts are similar to the DDG Shooter frame. I hope this helps.

13. Yoda

Yoda They see me rollin'

I ordered 2 echo hangars from Webcyclery about 6 months ago and haven't got them yet. Hangers are a pain.

Try http://www.derailleurhanger.com/ and email them a picture

14. oicdn

oicdn Guest

What's with all the grave diggin lately???