Me on my new BT.

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by hydroboy, May 23, 2004.

1. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Here is a 2 minute vid of me riding my new BT RAVen on some rocks near my house. The video was dropping frames during capture so there is one part where it skips abit :slap: but deal with it. Also i have the ME version of windows movie maker so this is the best quality it can put out and my tmpeg evaluation version has run out and i cant be fucked to doa nything about it. :gaybar:

This is my first attempt at using premier, playing with some of the speeds and transitions mainly. Sorry about the music but its the only track i had on the pc i editied it on, (i used it in another video :ugh: ) Ramble ramble ramble...

http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/bike-trials/alexpv_hydroboy_newbt.wmv

2. Elan

Elan steve french

how is the BT versus teh echo?

3. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

When i decided to purchase a BT i looked at the claimed geometrys of each frame and thought to myself that they would ride almost exactly the same. How wrong i was.

The first thing i noticed as i built up my BT was that my chain had much more slack in it, the chain stays were much shorter. With the cromo fork i am running the wheelbase comes out to 1080mm. I am amazed at how nice the bike feels with the short stays and slightly longer "cockpit". It realy allows me to stand up on the bike and as shorter stays will always do balance on the rear effortlessly. When i moved from my raceline rhino to my echo pure i was amazed at the difference the shorter stays made, im again amazed at the difference the short stays on the bt make.

The headtube on the bt is much shorter and allows for running a much closer to the ground front end setup. At this stage i have it spaced out to a tiny bit below the hight i was running on my pure, i may switch these around and have a play with its geometry effects.

These are my first impressions after 3 "good" rides on it. However after a 20 second ride alexm decieded he would get one to to replace his koxx. I think it rides very similarly to the koxx XTP long. Many will say it doesnt have the stiffness etc however i dont notice a frame flexing, i only notice when its solid/stiff (unless its your brakes of course.) I will have to ride the xtp agian to give an accurate comparison.

4. B1105

B1105 New Member

Very cool ride, I almost got those, but for some reason I'm getting a mod. BTW, are you and AlexM the distributors for BTs in the Austrailia?

5. Elan

Elan steve french

check out BTaustralia.tk

6. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

yes

7. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Nice riding man :bigthumb:

8. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

did you notice any difference with the standard magura/v brake mount? I would like the frame a lot more if it had 4 bolt magura mounts.

9. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

we NEED some frames that come out with vbrake mounts, damn. WE NEED SOME SELECTION.

Im sick, probably why im pissed off.

10. Shipley

Shipley ..........

The Pure is on it's way out this summer apparently with V brake option.

Nice bike hydro.. thanks for the info and vid.

11. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

The BT is now available in a 4 bolt option. Personaly i dont think 4 bolt makes a difference at all. Maybe slightly easier to set up, not that much though. Have to be a retard not to set up the evo adaptors well.

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

4 bolt booster = infinite stiffness.

this is the reason.

13. sebLG

sebLG New Member

fuck off it means infinite stiffness. ill make a video of my pure with threashold booster and the fucking phat bitch flex of it ... hmm, havnt watched thge video yet, im at school and gayboy glamour school blocks pretty much every site i like to visit (cept this one) and stops doiwnloads. oh well ... hmm, i wish i could have forked out the extra cash for a bt, maybe i will later, they sound awsome. in the meantime i should have some fun on the sloppy second hand cock, when i get it that is ... teehee ...

ciao. (im gay)

14. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

The current BTs have V mounts. All the frames that I have (5) are like that.

15. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

my current setup is just as stiff as my 4 bolt setup with echo booster. i was quite supprised, considering im using the stock magura booster.

16. AndyT

AndyT New Member

key words in this post:

pure

gayboy

cock

You both have echo's. They are made so that they "bounce". A side effect of that (amongst other nice things) is flex.

17. sweet vid....i liked it a lot :bigthumb: :D

18. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

your position on this bike looks way better Alex. On the Pure you were kind of hunched over and didn't look to comfortable. On this bike you back it all straight. I guess this is the result of the longer wheelbase and the fast that the chainstays are shorter you can put the bike in a more vertical position on the back wheel.

Bike looks great can't wait to see some more riding from you on it.

19. Bigman 86

Bigman 86 Bigman, Because i am ;)

People say that vee mounts and evo adapters can never be as stiff as the 4 bolt mounts on other frames, how wrong they can be, my BT with standard booster and an XTR booster is stiffer than my mates levelboss with a mag and RB booster, :bigthumb:

Any hoo, cool vid mate.

20. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

need to practice using your tripod i see? oh well, cool vid nonetheless. you look way more comfortable on that BT too