MD/VA ride Saturday 3/12/05

Discussion in 'NorthEast, USA' started by bmorekirby, Mar 7, 2005.

1. bmorekirby

bmorekirby I have bloody shins, yay?

Next saturday is going to be nice, 45 degreese and sunny. I was thinking of DC, or college park?

Kirby

2. halfazn

halfazn Member

i'm down, might be workin til 1pm though.

3. bmorekirby

do you have a phone # for villar?

4. VillarTrials

VillarTrials New Member

kirby!

im down to ride if i can get hold of a bicycle. anywho my number is 301 742 6005

Jerry Villar

5. cwbashaw

cwbashaw New Member

I'm down.

Maybe we should go back to Rosslyn again.

Kirby,

if you can make it down there without crashing into anything you'll really like it :)

6. bmorekirby

hey now............ the mexican dude crashed into me!

7. cwbashaw

cwbashaw New Member

you're Mexican? :):bigthumb:

8. bmorekirby

i am not mexican, i am a halfrican american. :ugh2:

9. smudge

smudge Central Scrrrrrrrutinizer

How was Rosslyn? I'm bummed I missed it. Chris, I broke my 36, but should have it back soon...once I do, time to hit the Shed.

What time is the ride this saturday? Where?

10. bmorekirby

I say rosslyn! how does 11:00 am sound to everyone?

11. cwbashaw

cwbashaw New Member

Sean,

Rosslyn was a good spot to ride mostly because it was a nice change from the usual places. There were a few good things to ride there, but at your skill level I think you would get bored with it after a few hours.

As soon as the snow melts and you get your 36 back we'll definately have to hit the watershed. I really want to try the drop trail.

You would have a really good time on the trails I showed you in Urbana with your new bike. We should get out there sometime too since it's so close.

I'm not sure if I will make it out to ride Saturday, but I'll definately try.

12. bmorekirby

by the way. what is a 36?

13. bwagner

bwagner New Member

is 36 the Fox Forx??

14. bmorekirby

WHAT TIME SOUNDS GOOD?

And chris, if you don't come..........i will be very angry!

Sean, are you the one with the steel bike with dual discs?

15. cwbashaw

cwbashaw New Member

Hey Kirby,

It looks like I might be able to ride Saturday after all, but may not be able to ride Sunday. I should know for sure tomorrow afternoon.

16. smudge

Damn straight honky lips.

It's a 6" travel trail bike fork and so far it's proving to be quite the turd, in both color and quality of manufacture.

No sir, no steel here anymore and no dual discs on my trials bike.

Rosslyn seems far, far away from Frederick. I'll have to look at a map. I'd like to get out and ride though, so I might be up for it. My biggest problem when trying to make time to ride is that I have 7 weeks until I get married (and have TONS of stuff to get done) and 8 weeks until I move to OR. I've never been this busy in all my life.

You might be impressed at my lack of skill at the moment. I'm probably a mid pack sport level rider at this point with a fitness level equivalent to that of Kirsy Alley.

17. brad

brad Guest

holy crap on a stick, I've got to stop being such a hermit and stay in touch with people...or at least start checking this site more often. Jerry's home? Sean's getting married in 7 weeks and moving out west? christ.

I would very much like to ride on Saturday. I still need cranks for my trials bike, or at the very least a left crank arm--Chris, didn't you say you have a set of truvativs? let me know how much if you still have them. Jerry--if I get cranks, you could ride the PX or my new street machine, whichever you're less afraid of.

18. cwbashaw

cwbashaw New Member

Hey Brad,

I just sold the cranks last night. I'm working at the shop tonight so I can see what we have in and I'll hook you up. Give me a call (240)793-1896

19. smudge

Who the crap are you? Hey, if you've moved, you gotta send me your address. I have something to send to you and Amy.

20. bwagner

bwagner New Member

I want to ride very badly. Does anyone have any idea what time they'll be trying to get out? I want to break this new frame in a bit, and maybe not my spine like the last time. Damn that shit sucked