Maybe this should be a sticky?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by oicdn, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oicdn

oicdn Guest

2. trialman1

trialman1 Guest

thanks ma man.its a great article.

3. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

yeah.....it's a great article if you don't ride mod bikes.

It was like reading a michael moore book. Stating opinions as fact.

"Most riders enjoy it at first, but then they wish for a stock," LIE
    "There are very few exceptions to this rule" LIE..every one I know who rides mod, still rides mod

"Some people say mods have no style, no spirit, and no versatility. I agree. It's like swimming with flippers: it's great while you're in the water, but when you get out of the sea, it's clumsy to walk in them." Well, isn't that the POINT of riding a trials bike? to ride TRIALS well on it? Flippers are good for SWIMMING because they make you SWIM fast. They are "SWIM FINS, after all...not WALK FINS. Mod bikes are good for TRIALS because they are built for TRIALS....not dual slalom and downhill.

also, my opinion is that you will learn much faster on a mod, because the geometry is more geared for pure trials. It's easier to go to back wheel, it's easier to develop balance. Stock is very expensive. I've done both....and I sold my stock bike and bought a mod. If I want to go cross country riding, I get out my Cross Country bike.

4. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Yeah...it was kinda biased....but like anything, it can be thrown out of perspective......but I understand what your saying...and Michael Moore is a douche....

5. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

i dunno what you're saying. both you and the faq guy say that mods have trials-geared geometry like a stock doesn't. any half decent stock rider's bike has trials geo, and unless you're riding a mountain bike, i think stocks in general have better geo. also this faq is real old school, and somewhat outdated. it was written before the big uci craze (which was a good thing) and is oriented more towards streetish trials-kings style riding.

watchu talkin 'bout, willis? mikee morizzle is hard core.

6. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

I liked reading that FAQ during my first months of riding trials. But like giventofly already pointed out, its a little closed minded and doesnt present the full case very well.
    Mods may be easier to learn on and do certain things with-- but what matters is when you (or someone else) pushes the limits. People who push the limits on mod bikes arent taking the easy way out; they're fuckin straining to bust the boundaries of what came before. Thats a great thing whether stock or mod.
    -they might have known that by now :down:

7. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

Yeah the FAQ was rather biased. But I am biased too, toward stock, cuz like my friend said, mod bikes are cheating. But he also said rigid forks are cheating too, so take it with a grain of salt.

8. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

If you are going to say that the article is like something by Moore you should also be fair and say its like anything by Fox news...

9. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

10. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

Actually flippers are called flippers not swim fins.

The point of riding a trials bike is not to suck at every other type of riding.

and the man made an entire article about FAQs for inexperienced riders and all you do is go bash it. its biased because he has opinions. deal with it.

11. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

I thought it was a good read.

Dan....I'm surprised...

...but...he doesn't does he, his opinions are just that. Actually he doesn't really state opinions as much as present information that allows you to form an opinion if you want to, or that really just make you aware of certain facts. He makes a clear difference though and nobody can dispute his facts, because they are verifiable and he invites you to check his sources.

Now you have me thinking, I've read Stupid White Men and I've seen Roger and Me, Bowling for Columbine, and f/911 and where are the opinions? I seriously can't think of any. Maybe I just can't think of any at the moment...:dunno:

12. cogmog

cogmog Member

get out and ride!

13. cogmog

cogmog Member

f 911.....There is no excuse for Busch to sit for 7 minutes in a fucking kindergarden for publicity while people are fucking dying! Those 7 minutes he could have saved lives,....my cousins life could have been saved! Busch not knowing what to do is not a god damn opinion,......he sat there for 7 minutes and looked like a moron! Anyone who says different also has their head up there own ass!!!! (the head up their own ass part is definetly my opinion!)

14. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Planetary please dont misquote me. I was defending Moore if anything. I didnt say that bit about the article being like his work. While I do think some of his work would be strengthened by recognizing the other side I dont care what he does or says because it presents a view point that the majority of us dont see because of our egregiously conservative and selective media.

And for the record, his films are very bias, all films are to some degree. We only see what he has let us see and we "form opinions" based on clearly only seeing one side of the argument (his) I dont care if thats a good or bad thing, just saying.

15. B1105

B1105 New Member

His films are bias, but he admits they are opinion. So its all good as long as he isnt stating its a fact.

16. Tanner

Tanner New Member

How the hell are you going to save lives in New York when you're in Florida? Call the FDNY and NYPD to get to the scene..when they were already there? I dunno, some people need to realize that just because you're president doesn't mean you're not a human who makes mistakes.

17. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

wtf?! i dont think you could be more rong.

18. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

why do you spell it busch?

and i think the daily show sid it best.. "you only get to see his failures". and its like that for anyone, your only going to talk about what he fucked up. he she, whoever.

but about the article...i didnt read it..i think i may have a long time ago, and if i did id idnt caer about it, because i have a mod, and i really like that mod, and im not going to stop riding mod.

19. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

mods are not cheating. i am currently riding mod, and saving for my stock. mods can do huge sidehops more easily, and bounce around without getting tired as easily,but you can't roll over shit. this is what i hate about mods. i could do more hoppin, but i don't want to, and i dont like the way it looks. the fact o the matter (but half opinion) (maybe more) is that mods are better at hoppin small stuff... but why do that when you can roll it? im not sayin that ya can't do big stuff on a mod, i'm sayin that i can't do big stuff on a mod. wtf am i talin bout... ok im dun.

Micheal Moore hates America!... what a fukkin load of crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.