Maxxis Creepy Crawler size

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by average mike, Oct 21, 2004.

1. average mike

average mike Guest

2. bylsma

bylsma New Member

I'm actually pretty pumped if that's true. Lately I've really been wanting to try out a narrower rear tire.

3. jmlora

jmlora New Member

I think maxxis made a mistake on the web page, if you check out the Buy Now chart, you`ll see they have different weight, so there`s definitely a 2.5 rear tire. I also now riders out here that have them on their bikes right now!!

4. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

they are fine. its just a typo on the site. the front is about the same size as the monty/try-all tire. the rear is the same too. there is a super duper ultra secret to the tread pattern though that makes it work 50 bajillion times better than what else is out there.

5. SQuiT-man

SQuiT-man Guest

I think the sizes are something like 2.5 rear and 2.35 front

6. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

2.5 back 2.0 front

7. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

I wish they had a "creepy crawler 26", heard anything kevin?

8. WhiteRavenKS

nothing. really. hahaha. for right now the minion dhr works so damn good they dont have much use for something else but thats not to say something wont be done in the future.

9. Shipley

Shipley ..........

There was a shot in one of the pic sets of interbike that had me doubletake... almost looked like a 26 version from the angle of the shot at a glance.. Current DH ones work really well.. but the Creepy in 26 would be badass. Or would it.. the world may never know...

10. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

i have to say after owning one for a good 5 weeks or so it's well worth the money. the grip is superb on cement, wood, rocks etc. it doesn't wear nearly as fast as try alls as well. i will be getting one for the rear soon...

11. Darren

Darren New Member

I will probably get creepy crawlers too, do you order them from ur LBS? My try-all has lasted my a good season, and theres still quite a bit left.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2004
  12. WhiteRavenKS

you can order creepy crawlers from a local shop if they are a maxxis dealer. im not counting on distributors like quality or bti to stock the creepies... if they do i will be very suprised.

your try-all lasted you a season? what do you mean by 'season'? i go through tires about every 2-3 months and they are either bald or the casing is blown by the time i ditch my tires.

13. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

my rear tire has lasted me 8 months..? Do webcyclery carry them?

14. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

What do people think about the Minion DHF for the rear, the tread pattern just looks better to me...

15. WhiteRavenKS

its not. the dhf has knobs which are butterflied along the tire not perpendicular to it. its for cornering. when you use the dhf in the back the knobs want to fold over when you are on off camber stuff on rear wheel. the dhr has knobs butterlied to perpendicular to the rotation of the wheel, they dont want to be as wobbly as compared to the front version. your tires dont really fold rotationally so the knobs being spliced in that direction for braking doesnt make much difference.

16. Darren

Darren New Member

I know I am ordering my creepy crawlers from my LBS, I saw them in the 2005 maxxis product catalogue, and i get 50% off since I work there. I was just wondering how other people are buying theirs. Iv had my try all tire since April-ish and theres still plenty of tread. I do long urban rides too. anyone know how the try-alls and the creepies compare in weight?

17. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I knwo the prototype maxxis were heavier, because they had nice this sidewalls....unfortunately production versions aren't as thick...

18. WhiteRavenKS

they are close in weight. nothing so much as you would notice it i thought. the first version of the creepies were heavier as andrew said but you could throw them 9 feet at an off camber landing and they wouldnt budge on impact. crazy. the production version isnt exactly what i wanted to see but they are the best mod tire i have ever ridden. they actually make me want to ride mod... !!!

19. asavage97

asavage97 New Member

Looks a little like a DMR moto so for anybody looking for a similar tyre in 26 inch dmr might be worth a look.

20. WhiteRavenKS

true but looks dont make a tire work well.