Marta SL Lever Reach

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Patrick, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Patrick

Patrick New Member

I know there isn't a reach adjuster for the Marta's but are there any tricks to getting the lever to come in closer to the bar? My lever barely comes in at all, which makes it hard to squeeze after a while... I almost caved my face in last night cuz I wasn't squeezing the brake hard enough..
    thanks,

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

about all you can really do is bring in the reach adjustment... try trowing some business cards between your pads and rotor too, sometimes you can fool the caliper into thinking the pads are almost gone. sometimes...

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Go out and buy a pre 2000 louise caliper with the manual adjustment and put it on there. Thats the only way, thats also why I don't ride a maggie front disc.

4. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

yea i had a julie and i used it for an hour then i snapped and got rid of it cuz you couldn't adjust it. avid mech....

off topic, good ridin in that practice vid andy... sad about the woodman though

5. AndyT

AndyT New Member

haha, yeah the good old woodman.... On my friends koxx I can just sit on the rear wheel without brakes, no sloppy hopping. 11 bottom brackets are the best!!

My cous was supposed to be here last week, oh well.

6. trialsbug

trialsbug New Member

If the lever is the same as the standard Marta lever there should be a reach adjustment screw on the front of the pivot. It actually moves the pivot in and out without affecting the piston. Check the instructions that came with the brake or online on the Magura website.

7. Patrick

Patrick New Member

thanks. I'll try all of the above. I think I actually have an old louise lever....

8. BrettM

BrettM New Member

If you wait a few months it'll start to leak and that'll bring the lever in more.

There is the one screw on top of the lever you can mess with. It will bring the whole lever blade in towards the bar tho. Dunno if thats ok or not.