MAMMOTH CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE ON!

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by trialscoach, Sep 17, 2004.

1. trialscoach

trialscoach Member

The National Trials Championships ARE HAPPENING at Mammoth Mountain!

PRO PURSE IS GUARANTEED. The USA Cyling CEO himself, Sean Petty–USAC CFO, NORBA and the Mammoth organizers have come thru big for us. The National Trials Championship will be held as scheduled, exactly per the information put out earlier!

Whew! We just finished two days of high drama mega-trials defensatory risky grandstanding! As many of you know NORBA granted the trials community our own organization last February; the United Biketrials Association – a name originally proposed by Brisa owner Roger Rodrigeuz. JP and I had to lay out how we intended to organize, fund and operate the new association since we would now be wholly responsible for supporting ourselves separate from NORBA’s umbrella. That’s where the National Trials Series came from, the euro-based team training and why we were unable to have pro purse at all the events in our first year. Anyway, since we are now a separate organization Mammoth has to work with us and not NORBA and we said our riders are telling us they want pro purse at a minimum and that’s what would get us there and nothing less.

Mammoth flipped and called NORBA. NORBA called us. We called the USA Cycling CEO. CEO makes calls. Mammoth calls NORBA again. NORBA calls JP and hammers out a purse for us when they were under no obligation to help us-YEAH, NORBA! I’m telling you, this new CEO Girard Bisceglia and the new NORBA management are really doing an incredible job supporting trials this year.

NOW WE HAVE TO SHOW THEM WHO WE ARE! We’ve got pro purse, class winner jerseys for ALL classes, medals 5 deep, an actual prize list and National Championship jerseys. And Mammoth isn’t too shabby a place to do some sick trialsin! SO EVERYONE SHOULD COME that can come and show Mammoth that they need to be careful about what they wish for because we’re gonna TRIALS THAT TOWN DOWN, BABY!

Full Comp info at the top of this forum. See you there!

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Good job, looking forward to seeing 1-2 people show up in each category.

3. trialscoach

trialscoach Member

Yeah, thats what we're worried about too. We've been on the phone all day talking to NorCal, SoCal, the Utah trialsers, the Colorado clan and most of the top pros around the country. Still not sure how many folks will make it and the only thing I can positively guarantee is that I'm gonna ride my bike and have fun. No, it should be cool, Mammoth always goes off for trials.

4. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Hopefully some crew will show up unexpetedly...probably an important thing.

Otherwise you could devise some disguises and pose like other riders.

5. trialscoach

trialscoach Member

Yeah I like that idea alot until it comes time for me to ride, then the jig would be up. As hard as I try to keep practicing, I always stink the place up.

6. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

I will be there, probably.

7. ben@slctrials.com

[email protected] New Member

who have u talked to in utah thats going? slctrials crew might be interested...

8. jpsnodab

jpsnodab Guest

Hello ben,

JP here, would to have you guys there as well. Let me know if we can do anything to help. Your support is very important.

JP

9. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

is anyone in a hotel that I could split a room with? like pay half or something? PM me or something, plus is anyone arriving from the Reno NV airport on friday that could give me a ride?

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Cars > hotel, at least in my experience :)

11. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

yeah but I dont have time to drive from chicago to california in one weekend, it took me half the summer to do that last time.

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I forgot you can't rent cars?

13. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Will you be needing the extra coverage? Oh no, I won't be leaving the parking lot... just need a nap. :rofl:

14. slctrials.com

slctrials.com New Member

Damn.....that's a really bad date for us slctrials guys, I'm not sure what Ben is smokin but we have commited to doing a demo at the Sony Big Ass Show. I wish we could wiggle out of the commitment to support the Mammoth event but that would be somewhat shitty of us.

Decisions...Decisions...mmmmm

15. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

skipping school, skipping work, skipping group meetings, skipping all obligation, putting my bike in a golf box, paying for airport parking, flying redeye standby, spending money I don't have, bumbing rides......

......getting there to ride in the best comp of the season

16. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

I'm gonna have to hustle my old bike parts to afford mammoth. ..........

...........but it'll be worth it.

17. digby

digby New Member

old bike parts right. Sell off maybe 8 of those downhill tires, maybe one of those downhill frames you have lying around, that brand new white brothers fork. The random steel singlespeed frames you have lying around, or that mod you never ride. Rent a limo, pick graham up on the way, arrive at mammoth in style.

lastly try and tap the limo when the drivers asleep.

I actually wish I could go to this one, but my buddies getting married this weekend.

18. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Good luck to everyone attending the event- show them how we roll

19. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

a limo! those are gayishly gay. real men rent strech hummers. see the for sale section for my collection of random stuff for sale. some of it isn't crap.

20. Turtlehead

Turtlehead Guest

Wow... Paul Bray digging deep to make his way to Mammoth... who all from nor cal and so cal are actually going to be there? If I get my new bike by friday night I'll probably drive my lazy behind up there and let some experts trample on me...