magura's

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by evileye, Mar 13, 2004.

1. evileye

evileye Guest

this has probley been posted before but im wanna know what your techniques are for setting maguras
    thanks

2. Elan

Elan steve french

make sure they are square to the rim, meaning to toe, and to tail, FULL PAD CONTAKt...after that, everything should be pretty self-explainatory... if not, come back

3. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

dont let it hit the tire..lol

4. valiumlaw

valiumlaw Guest

With my Evo adaptors and 2 bolt mounts i usually follow this premise:
    Initially i take a guess at what the correct set up positions would be and continue to tighten the Evo clamps until the maguras are held in place, but can be moved by hand with some force, I put the mounts onto the brake bosses and see where the pads hit the rim, usually best done without your rear tyre on, after looking at the set up i change the positions accordingly by moving those black sleeves on the brakes pistons, adjustments are done with the TPA screwed ALL the way out, when i find the right position i mark where the black sleeve sits on the piston, make final bolt tightenings and add any boosters if you have one, or add the booster before hand, but it will make adjusting harder...when alls done make final tightenings and voila or whatever, hopefully everythings in place, tight and ready for riding.

5. Elan

Elan steve french

ah, yes, having the TPA adjusted so it is all teh way out is essential. get your brakes working as well as possible withought hte TPA, and if you have to, you can use it to about half way, but once you get beyond that, the pads react slow and crappy.