magura pad pin thingy

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by B1105, Aug 5, 2004.

1. B1105

B1105 New Member

right, so i was riding today, and after using my front brake a bit, i notice my pads are falling out. for some odd reason, my magura louise doesnt have that pin doo hickey that keeps the pads from falling out, can i use like a paper clip or something,or does it have to be that special piece of metal? i feel retarted asking this, but whatever, i just want to ride now

2. Shipley

Shipley ..........

First of all. This is a very respected part of your bicycle. It is called the BoBopSkeeDeeTenDoodle. The very first factory up in Detroit that allowed run away slaves to work under confidentiality was, in fact, run by Sir Skeetendoodle IV.
    Yes, BoBop Enterprises flourished during the Civil War. As well as the railroads, but we won't get into that. BoBop Enterprises used their slave-labor wages for good. The blood and sweat of those run away slaves was poured, lovingly, into each and every BoBopSkeeDeeTenDoodle. And it was so afordable, that even the local paperboy had a BoBopSkeeDeeTenDoodle affixed to his bike.

Before that, they were using tail of newt, which was oh-so expensive with the import fees of the day.

So. If you don't go out and replace your wonderous BoBopSkeeDeeTenDoodle, try tail of newt. But, let it be known that they wear out faster.

* ^^ once again.. everyone can thank my lovely girlfriend for enchanting us with her genius.. ;)

I believe the Louise has magnetic pad retention if I remember right. You can also use an adhesive to hold them in if you're having trouble.. just be careful what you use and how much.. suck to stick your piston in.. or not be able to get the pads out very easily.

Anyone else confirm the magnetic pad retention?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2004

3. B1105

B1105 New Member

4. Shipley

Shipley ..........

ahh.. cookies on my lady's computer.. silly me for not clearing em. pandora.

5. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

wow! you couldent have said it better ;)

6. trialsbug

trialsbug New Member

I have a Marta and the pads are magnetically retained, but I have never used it without the BoBopSkeeDeeTenDoodle.

7. jobottDMB

jobottDMB New Member

I have the louise 2004 brakes and they have the magnetic retention but i still use the pin because i think that it will keep them in better but i dont know alot about brakes...

8. Elan

Elan steve french

i would definately suggest putting somthing liek a paperclip in there for safety. but you can still ride.

9. alexm

alexm Member

i dont really think it would be possible to ride without the bobby pin thing. i snapped mine so i put a small nail in the hole and held it in place with some duct tape. works well but looks a bit shit.

Alex

10. Elan

Elan steve french

come to think of it, i think youre right. because the only retainer you would have would be the magnetic backing.

11. sputnik

sputnik New Member

my pal used a piece of machinists wire and it's been working fine for months. Umm it's not a stress bearing member so just about anything will work.

12. B1105

B1105 New Member

yea,i stuck two paperclips through the holes,no problems

13. Hardline

Hardline Member

If you go to the local hardware store you can get the proper retaining tool. It is a standard cotter pin. You will have to find the correct diameter and length but that is all that come factory. Nothing special about the pin. But the paper clips will work for now. How have the brake been working for you?JJ

14. B1105

B1105 New Member

Their awesome, I've got plazpadsin the back, and should be getting some for the front

15. RT Wolf

RT Wolf Insanity Studios Inc.

I wonder what a magnetic brake would be like. whoa.