magura julie

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by djfm, May 6, 2004.

1. djfm

djfm Guest

i have just bought a julie disc of a friend and was woundering if it was possible to put a magura hs33 handle on it ?
    can anyone help me out on this
    thanks

2. Paul

Paul Guest

Nope,the HS33 lever has a 14mm diameter piston,and the julie (2003 and 2004) has a 10mm one ... so the HS33 lever would feel very nice and solid,no sponginess at all,but would lack power. Serious lack.

3. djfm

djfm Guest

o well well nevermind il just have to buy a alloy blade for the one i have coz i hate this plastic one
    thanks anyway

4. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Buy an Rb-design lever..
    Those are like the sweetest levers on the planet. Not the best quality though.. Seals are prone to leak. They are available for both disc and rim brakes..

5. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

The julie is the open resevoir one right? if so throw my advice would be to sell it and get something else right away. I had one and I hated it. It was on my bike for half an hour then I took it off. The open resevoir pumps more fluid into the system every time you squeeze the lever. so your first squeeze your brake lever might engage an inch from your bar. pump your lever a few more times and your lever will engage two inches from the bar. its fucked. fuck thinking about that brake makes me angry. But this is just my opinion...

6. JK

JK New Member

If you run a thinner fluid like antifreeze it will return to the resevoir faster and you won't get that pump effect. Also I would clean the rotor and bake the pads right away if the brake is used. The brake is still not as good as an Avid mech though. Sell it and get one of those. The are about 70 dollars right now.

7. djfm

djfm Guest

I bought the brake of a mate for 15 pound bleed it put it on the bike and its sweet. when i bleed it i pumped more il into the system when i put the resivour cap back on so i have as much oil in the system as i can get thus making the blade very hard .I think it might be a little to hard so im gonna take some oil out of the resivour so its a bit softer