Magura evo mounts and 4 bolt mounting

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by trialsmasta, Nov 23, 2004.

1. trialsmasta

trialsmasta Guest

Do you use the stock magura EVO mounts to bolt to a 4 bolt frame? The reason I ask this is because the top bolt is a M5 but the bottom is wide enough to fit over a brake boss stud with is 8mm is diameter. The bolt holes on my frame are all M5's. To compound the problem, if the stock magura mounts are what you use, I have the 2005 maguras with EVO2 style mounts, and that little elbow piece is like part of the lower clamp. I checked trialsin.com and I don't see any aftermarket evo mounts. How am I supposed to get these things on there?

2. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Order some of these to mount Maguras onto 4 bolt frames. Ignore the brand. Pretty much any online trials shop will have them, so they're available anywhere.

[​IMG]

3. trialsmasta

trialsmasta Guest

I just checked Trialsin and nothing. I'm usually anti magura, but the price for the frame was too sweet. Should I be ordering some special pads while I'm at it too?

4. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Chances are he has some. There are too many spare magura parts, and most online shops don't have every one of them advertised. They just say to email or call if you need certain parts, so you should do that.

If you wanna spring for some Plazmatic CRM pads, go for it, they're great pads.

5. trialsmasta

trialsmasta Guest

I thought you would be recommending some pads from the links in your signature.

6. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Well, you know what they say. When you assume you make an ass out of u and me.

Anyways, Mr Heatsink has stopped production of the pads, on account that he is now a dad.

7. Elan

Elan steve french

webcylcery.com has them