maggies not working

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by daveanscombe, Nov 15, 2004.

1. daveanscombe

daveanscombe Guest

ok 1 maggura does not retract from rim. got them set up good yesterday working fine and today well it rubs on the rim and will not retract.... and my lever feels verry mushy..............some info any pleas

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2004
  2. Boo_Berry

Boo_Berry Guest

check to see if, when u pull the lever, the pad is moving, cuz if its not u might need to bleed the brakes....

good luck!

3. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

are you using the TPA? if yes, don't.

if not, don't ask me.

4. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

one piston sticking, lever feeling mushy, definately sounds like you need to bleed your brakes. get the manuals from magura.com, and bleed them good. this should fix the problems.

5. Todd

Todd Guest

I had this problem a long time ago.....my guess is that u have adjusted the brake with ur tpa right? well move the tpa all the way out and both sides of ur brake should be moving again....and adjust the brake manually to where u want it. Try to use your tpa as little as possible.

6. daveanscombe

daveanscombe Guest

no worries i have fixed them the magura workshop helped me

7. cacklemus

cacklemus Inspired Bikes

i have actually heard in some forums that maguras work about the same as a good v-brake set up nicely... has anyone here had any problems like slipping or even lines busting, i also heard that the maguras do this quite often., i know about the tar thing but i am sick of using tar and dont really want to use it when/if I get hs 33s

8. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

What pads are you using?

Are you using a grind?

I have yet to feel a brake that works properly without any grind/tar/whatever. Id sugest getting perhaps some CRV pads, a grind, and staying away from maguras.

9. cacklemus

cacklemus Inspired Bikes

ok sounds good, do i have to order thoes pads off of the internet cause i actually have been looking for them and can not find them anywhere

10. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea, i dont think shops are going to stock them/be able to get them..... www.trialsin.com has them, and even tho im anti huge mail order places, web cyclery prolly does to

11. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Yes, you're almost certainly going to have to order them off the internet, unless you live in Bend, Oregon and want to go pick them up from WebCyclery ;). http://www.webcyclery.com/product.php?productid=17016&cat=0&page=1

12. cacklemus

cacklemus Inspired Bikes