Louise with XT cable and lever - problems

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by alexm, Feb 18, 2004.

1. alexm

alexm Member

ok, well because my RB lever for my disc brake leaks, i bought an XT lever and some shitmano housing. this is still on the way from the States.

Anyway my friend has an XT and i borrowed his cabling and lever to put on my bike so i could ride. this is the link for where i saw that this was a possible combination http://vtcz.ch/pages/biketechnik_englisch/louise_xt_mix.php.

Anyway this didnt work for me, im using this on the front where as the example is for the rear caliper. on the front caliper the XT hosuing didnt fit in the hole where the cable went but it did fit in the hole where the bleed screw originally went. if i do this the bleed screw wont fit and when i squeeze the lever the oil leaks out the dodgy hole where the bleed screw only goes in part of the way. if i found a screw that fit in nicely would this work ok do you think?

cheers for your knowledge

Alex

2. alexm

alexm Member

ok well who knows if this will hold up but i just kept screwing the bleed screw in no matter how yuck it felt and it seems to be a leak free system. i just need new pads now after contaminating the old ones :slap: never thought i could spill that much oil.

Alex

3. sebLG

sebLG New Member

thats why it sais to take the pads out when you bleed your brake system ... lol!(even though somebody will probably prove me wrong and make a fool of me, or i probably just am a fool) ... hmmm, so did u contaminate ur red pads!!??? :slap:

4. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

Are you using the old xt's? They've made three different generations of lever and hose - the old school one is what's shown on the site, they also make a newer version that uses an olive in the connection, and they now make a new xt version that's in line with the xtr stuff. Maybe you didn't have the right hose/lever?