Looking for a Stock Frame

Discussion in 'For Sale / Want to Buy' started by B1105, Mar 8, 2004.

1. B1105

B1105 New Member

Hey there, I'm curious if anyone has a stock frame for sale. I recently bought a Zebdi, and decided I really wanted a more trialsy frame.(I'm picky). I'm looking for something with like 15" stays, long top tube, and relatively light. I'm looking for something kinda cheap, but shoot me with what you got. Something like a ZOO Boa, Pirahna, Pitbull, or Echo Pure or anything in that range, if the price is right, I'm open to Koxxs, Megamos, Crescents and whatever else. I'm open to trades, and or parts (I have loads of random parts and such). Let me know,
    THanks

Byron

2. bigd

bigd Guest

i was under the impression the zebdi was very trials specific. you can't really get much more trialsy than that. theres different styles of trials frames, short wheelbase BIU style like the zebdi, and the longer UCI style like the koxx. is that what you mean?

3. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I'm sorry to hear the zebdi isn't quite working out for you Byron.

Dave, I think he means he wants a longer frame, like an echo pure, BT Raven, Koxx Levelboss, new DeSalvo, etc.

Bill

4. B1105

B1105 New Member

Yea, the Zebdi is a trialsy frame, but its rather short on top and high in front, as Bill said. I'm looking for something longer like the Pure, one of the Zoos or possibly a Levelboss.

No worries Bill about the frame, I love how it rides, just not what I was looking for.

Byron

5. Elan

Elan steve french

a zoo boa is probably hte cheapest option for a new bike... i havent heard a lot about them, good or bad, so i wont say. i rode a zoo piranha for just over a year, i liked it a lot. the echo pure is really nice i hear. i just bought a level boss and i am excited to ride it...

6. B1105

B1105 New Member

Yea I was kinda focusing on like a Zoo Boa/Pirahna or possibly Pitbull. The levelboss and pure are a little more $$ but i'm open to a used one.

7. Elan

Elan steve french

pitbul/pure are the same... go for the pure if you have $550.

8. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Elan's on the money. The Pure is probably the best cost/quality long frame on the market right now. Everyone I've read that has one loves it. Try and ride a Pitbull before you buy, keep hearing sketch things there. If you're not dead set on the long frame check with Robbie (crescentrider).. he has a brand new Echo ES4R for sale still I think. And for under $200! If I had the money it would have been bought. Good luck..

9. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

I think people just dont have their pitbull's set up right. All the riders here like the way the pitbull felt on the rear/overall.

10. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I haven't ridden one, so I can't say. What frames do you guys have to compare it to though?

11. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

haha well you may have got me there. I dont think any of us have tried a koxx stock, well maybe Seth?

Tried a koxx long mod, and I still think monty mods feel the best. :dunno:

Hopefully I will hit up a nice big comp sometime soon and try out some other stocks..

12. CHERRIO

CHERRIO New Member

GET A KOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UMMM THATS IT KOXX..awsome stock bikes

13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I have a zebdi mk3 I can sell you

;)

14. Elan

Elan steve french

koxx/desalvo/coustellier = top of the line, and what you should ideally save up to buy.

PX= good for street, not recommended for natty.

zoo/echo= mostly just cheap bikes. except the pure, which i hear is really nice..haha

all personal preference id say, but my list should hold mostly true.