Lifting front wheel after a bar change.

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by maciekzw, Apr 27, 2004.

1. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

So when I got my new bike, it came with a flat buldge bar instead of raiser bike (aka downhill). I found that with my old bar on my Kona I was able to lift the front wheel very high while coasting. Kinda like when you try to do a manual. But now that I have this flat buldge bar, which is also a 30" bar instead of 25" (I think that's what my old one was) it seems a lot harder to lift the front up. I find that I have to do a small half pedal to get my front wheel up on things (is this make any sense so far?). I've had the bike for 3 weeks now and it seems like I'm still not doing it right. With everything else tho, I totally improved.

So I was wondering what you guys could suggest I can do to improve that, and be back at that same level again? Did you guys have that same problem when you switched to these different bars?

Thanks in advance.

2. B1105

B1105 New Member

I switched to bulge bars a few weeks ago from 28" Azonic DH bars. The length wasnt hard, but the rise did. For me, i eventually learned to lean back a little more and do a small pedal rotation to get on my rear, not a pedal kick but like a little push(Neil Tunicliffe by ZOO does this a lot). The bulge bars are much better for trackstands and helps on the rear sometimes.

3. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

I guess leaning back more is the key. It's just such a weird feeling. I can do side hops and stuff from dead stop but once I start coasting or whatever and just try to do a "bronco" or a "bunny hop" (if that's what you call them) I'm having a hard time.