Observed Trials banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
not for nothin but i remember some loud mouth kid running around mt snow whining at the top of his lungs about how he couldn't clean any sections cuz he just woke up..

not that i'm stickin up for anyone..

ddrain said:
he can take his turrets and spandex and leave the sport. Is he riding a Koxx bike? Isnt that a fitting title of a bike for him? Maybe he can take his 13 year old girlfriend (true story form '00) and disappear. He is a baby that cries over everything and anything.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I, too would like to see this above mentioned vid...anyone wanna re-post it or maybe youtube it?

I was riding with Shaun Milller a few days ago in San Diego...He almost died! He was riding across the railing of a bridge, and dabbed to the wrong side, nearly fell 20ft into traffic! Very scary! We proceeded to have a good ride at Balboa Park. A very cool place to ride with SO much variety of obstacles.

Those of us who were around in the "glory days" of American trials do remember Miller making an ass out of himself on many occassions with his attitude. It's awfully hard to defend that sort of behavior...It was pretty much just whining, nothing too severe as I recall...still unbecoming of an individual though...I think age and the ever increasing skill level of riders around the world has given him a bit of a ego check these past few years.
I had a great couple of rides with the guy last week, and hope to have a few more in the future.

Back to the topic at hand, Libor...I've got a bunch of VHS footage of Libor riding a Monty B-221 mod bike painted and stickered up as a Cannondale in 1996. Along with many other riders, Hans, Marc Brooks, Jason Mclean, Reid Rose...I'll try to get in onto my hard drive one of these days, and post it up somewhere.

·
mentorbicyclehub.com
1,701 Posts
^^^^^Nice, I'd love to see those vids. I remember starting competing in 1996-1997 and seeing Shaun M. at Mickeys MTN..... and seeing Libor with a CannonMonty. Ahhh.. the good old days.

Eekkk....Riding a rail is fun when you dont fall onto concrete and get tangled up, but riding over traffic and almost getting seriously injured is not. Challenging and stupid shuolden't be next to each other. I love to push myself not kill my self.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I would also like to hear or see what libor is up to. It dropped off the planet it seemed like.

I competed with Shaun and JJ back in the 90's and Shaun always seemed to be a little bitch about the smallest things. My best memory of Shaun was beating him every loop in a wooded creek section at Mickey's years ago. He was very unhappy that someone was better than him, even though in the long run he schooled me.

·
I farted.
1,480 Posts
my fav. shaun miller moment was trevor bodough (I believe it was Trevor anyway) making an outrageous up at a comp outside Buffalo NY that Shaun dabbed up. The best part was Shaun actually claming that it was because Trevor had an extra inch of wheelbase.

I laughed a lot.

·
mentorbicyclehub.com
1,701 Posts
I competed at Mickeys from 1997-the end. I rode expert from 1999 till the end....Do I know you?

I am wondering what rock Andrew Fulton in under personally. I used to ride with him and after he nmoved to Cali everyone lost touch with him.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
^^^^ put thread under new section titled "Old SCHOOLERS"

I saw shaun ride in Durango in 03. he might be a tosser, but that guy tore it up. I can see him and shawn dennys grand slam being buds:bowrofl: :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
I bet everyone on this thread can paste a link to Tim's old website full of rider submissions:hs:

mabee a couple quill stems and 19 inch frames? where's andy grayson? fruit booting? you gotta love theo old skool

·
I farted.
1,480 Posts
old school was hanging out with andy t before motorama as he ate a startling number of raisins.

Or what about Mike Umbarger actually riding bikes.

Hmmm Lake Placid NATS

The bouncing czech on a purple bashring that covered a 32tt chainring on a yellow c dale...

·
OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY
1,708 Posts
old school was hanging out with andy t before motorama as he ate a startling number of raisins.

Or what about Mike Umbarger actually riding bikes.

Hmmm Lake Placid NATS

The bouncing czech on a purple bashring that covered a 32tt chainring on a yellow c dale...

I consider old school being when I would take a 5 hour train ride to franklin, MA to ride with mike umbarger and josh melo... wow. I was like 16 at the time, 8 years ago. So incredibly long ago. I also remember riding with you dan! that my friend, was also old school.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts