levers?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by trials guru dan, Jul 30, 2004.

1. trials guru dan

trials guru dan Guest

hey guys, it's me again.

i got my avid disc, xtr cables and my xtr lever in the mail today.... but the lever was the wrong one. because i'm a brit i have my front brake lever on the right. so can anyone tell me where i can find an xtr lever or a descent avid lever for the right-hand side. baring in mind that i'm in England and i cant get anything off a canadian site.

thanks alot

dan.

2. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

Meh... just run it on the right.

I've got a left side HS33 lever on the right side. Upside down, but works just damn fine. The lever shape is the same, just looks a little odd.

3. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

yup just flip it upseide down, no use wasting a good lever. I know i'm not really answering your question, i have no idea where to buy just one lever. Maybe post int the sale section with a WTB:right xtr lever.

4. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Run it upside down man.. I hear it's all the rage these days.

5. Elan

Elan steve french

if its upside down it wont work right and it feels funny.

6. trials guru dan

trials guru dan Guest

do ya reckon it's worth buying a pair of xtr levers? instead of searching all my lfe for just one. or is it worth gettin a pair of sd7's for £36?

opinions please?

7. bigd

bigd Guest

sd7 levers = urinated poop

(compared to xtr)

search to the ends of the known earth for the right lever. or use the left upslde down.

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

:hsugh:

On numerous bikes I ran upsidedown hs-33's and upsidedown XTR's. There is no difference....that is unless you are a 4' tall guy who can feel that your bb bearings are not totally smooth :rofl: (inside joke).

9. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Is that directed at Elan by any chance.

Yes I too have tried levers upside down and it does not affect the fealing or performance in a negative way.

Just flipper and go ride.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004
  10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

no, elan is 6 foot....it was directed to a short pal of mine...don't think he reads the site anymore.

11. trials guru dan

trials guru dan Guest

well i dont wanna use an upside down lever, so does anyone know any shops or any websites where i can get a single xtr lever?

thanks for you help in advance

12. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

OMG, I think I just wet myself :momaru: