levers hurt

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by unlimits, Oct 2, 2004.

1. unlimits

unlimits New Member

the levers of my v-brakes hurt when I ride during half an hour or more. does anyone have this problem? what can I do? I was thinking about making a small foam grip for the levers but I don't know how...

2. DRUM

DRUM New Member

are you wearing gloves?

3. unlimits

unlimits New Member

yes, but the gloves don't cover the fingers, they're not entire. and if the part that cover the fingers in an entire ones is cloth it won't do very much...

4. Stock

Stock Tumescent.

I have a nice thick pad of skin where the lever contact point is on my finger. I suggest you grow the same...

Other than that, try bringing the reach in so your levers are closer to your bars.

5. unlimits

unlimits New Member

I have thick skin in some places now but I'd prefer preparing some jacket for the levers so I could practice more instead of having to stop because of the fingers...

6. Elan

Elan steve french

my magura lever did hte same because it was too square..i just sanded it to where it was round and then polished it up so it would be abrasive. like it plenty now.

7. unlimits

unlimits New Member

8. chronic

chronic Dungeonmaster's Guide

Just wrap some hockey tape or something around your lever? Doesn't have to be too pretty as long as it provides some padding. Also what that one guy said about sanding your levers so they are nice and round is a good idea. My old levers were sort of square but they never really hurt my fingers...And now with my new levers they're nice and round and feel so much better; very comfortable.

9. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Don't worry about those Lizard Skins things. Years ago when I bought a mod, it came with hs-11 brakes and the blades on those were horrendous on the fingers. They were way too square. I cut a thin strip of grip, 1/4" wide by 1" long, and hockey-taped it onto the end of the blade. The comfort problems were gone; but the levers broke 2 months after I bought the bike, and never rode mod again.

So try cutting a small strip of grip and hockey taping it on. Hockey tape seems to hold on better and is real grippy.

10. unlimits

unlimits New Member

thanks. I'll se but I think the lever is not very square to sand, so I'll try with any kind of taper...

11. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

I ducttape my lever blades when it starts to get cold out (right about now), saves your finger from much of the dreded coldness.

Hockey tape is good too cuz it stretches and is cloth and is very sticky and is cheep and is comfertable. But ducttape insulates better.

12. unlimits

unlimits New Member

I've cut an ald tire and I rolled it on the lever blade and then I've put ribbon on it and now it's mild...