LES GETS-WORLDS-PICS

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by Chris, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

some pics of the worlds in Les Gets, not the best ones..
    there will be a video as well! Better than the pics ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

i love the carpet fixes.... gorgeous weather too. sections look burly.

3. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

4. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Gilles was the only one who did this part of the section without a dab. You couldn't put your rear tyre on the logs left and right. Gilles jumped onto the first log and immediately went to rear wheel, in one move, that was so fast, you could hardly follow how he did it. That was definately one of the best moves I've ever seen. All other riders made a dab, which was pretty hard, too
    [​IMG]

5. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

6. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

thx for the pics chris

[​IMG]

7. Matt Staples

Matt Staples Guest

In the first pic Benito is sooo checking out vincents arse, wish he was french/sexy and less-horse like... Also is the pic with giacomo next to a 6ft wooden thing the part of the section he 5-ed everytime ?

8. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

it was Gilles....he made it on the bash once but then slipped somewhere else in the section and fived it. But he tried it at least! Dani Comas or Benito went into the section and put down both foot to get a 5, that's poor.

9. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

gilles' brake pads look very short?

10. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Thanks for the photos Chris!

What sort of cranks is Gilles running? They look rather thin.

Also did you see JVS or a guy called Andrew Dickey ride? If so, how did they go? In terms of riding, not neccessarily score.

11. WhiteRavenKS

tensile cranks. yes the pads are short. and the stickers are 1000x better.

12. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

I saw Jeremy riding the semi final sections, but only one section - which he fived. The semi final sections were all natural. Classical 26" sections, mostly slippery rocks in a river bed.. you had to ride through water several times - so no chance without a grinded rim.. Especially on the sunday finals. It rained like shit. But they all rode the wooden stuff, like it was sunny and dry.. no fear at all :D
    Vincent was pretty sad at the end.. I was next to him and he was crying. Would have been awesome if he won both world titles, uci and biu.

13. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

he's only at the beginning of his career, he's got that whole consistency thing to work out. How you judge who is the "best rider" is very personal but I think Vincent will be remembered as one of the best of this period, whenever it may end.

- Joel

14. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Poor vincey, :wtc:

15. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

There is a discussion going on on the german trials forum about Gilles..I thought I let you know know what it's all about. There are rumours that Gilles has been thrown out ouf the Coust Team, because of his bad habits, alcohol, drugs etc. He's doing kind of his own thing now, different stickers, he came to Les Gets alone, together with his girlfriend. Giaco came with his father.
    Gilles messed up the finals mainly because he showed his middle finger to one of the judges, who saw a little dab or whatever. Gilles obviously didn't want to accept it. That meant 10 extra points for Gilles!

16. WhiteRavenKS

i was wondering if he lost his temper- i couldnt think of another reason he would get those penalty points.

17. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

rise and fall of the coust family

18. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

that hope (on vincent's bike?) looks delicious

19. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

gilles fliped off the checker, because he called him on one point. so the checker gave him 10 points.. be he was sucking by that point..

20. vince

vince Member

Why do some of the riders have a the mavic logo on their jerseys???