Lee Cougan trials bike

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by JayP, Apr 4, 2004.

1. JayP

JayP Guest

[​IMG]
    Has anyone ridden it or even seen it? It looks nice , but their homepage has no information about it and I haven't seen discussions about it anywhere. I have sent them about 5 e-mails but I haven't got an answer yet.
    So what do you think of the bike and maybe you know the specs?
    thanks

Priit

2. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

looks like a cross between the old ES4 and the raceline rhino...

and despite the fact that the picture is squished horizontally, it still looks short.

- Joel

3. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

looks like crescent to me. not bad, maybe a bit short.

4. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Yeah seems weird, it has a non UCI style frame with a bunch of UCI parts. Whatever, I wonder who makes it, etc. Never head of that company

5. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

i think it looks pretty cool. its got good lookign components as far as i know, tryall/maxxis/magura and whatnot. whered you find that picture?

6. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

well it's still somewhat uci style with the high BB and short chainstays and such. i ussually hate curved tubing on bikes but this one doesn't look to bad for some reason.

7. trialsmasta

trialsmasta Guest

Ok you guys need to break it down for me with what you mean by UCI style frames. Please give examples for the uneducated.

8. Elan

Elan steve french

9. RideManuals

RideManuals Guest

short chainstays, long wheel base 1060-1085 or even 1100 , 71.5-73 head angle, no seat, magura mounts, very low stand over height, high bb, 0 to positve bb drop. Bikes that are made with uci rules and style in mind. UCI style frames make big uci moves easier but are not necessary for the moves.
    Very cool build for something unheard of. Also it almost looks like that leecougan sticker was photoshopped on.

10. JayP

JayP Guest

i gave you guys a link of their homepage too but looks like you didn't notice it, but here it is:
    www.leecougan.com
    i've got their last years catalogue too and theres the same bike ... I don't think that it's photoshopped in... i don't remember the exact price of the bike (and I can't find the catalogue) but i think it was about 2700 $, so it's way too expensive... it's definitely better to take a xtp or smth.

11. trialsmasta

trialsmasta Guest

Would you say it's easier to pull moves on UCI style frames than say Brisa style frames? What would you classify the new Echo and Zoo geometries as?

12. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

what sort of moves dude? different strokes for different...strokes...

UCI frames tend to be better at taps, hooks etc. Moves where bash and pedal aren't used.

- Joel

13. Allmjm

Allmjm New Member

to add to what tomac said, front-rear moves (wheel swaps), touch ups, side hops from rear wheel, wedges, and anyother move where the front wheel has a major role.