KOXX LevelBoss: Is it really that tuff?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by TooSicKs, Mar 18, 2004.

1. TooSicKs

TooSicKs Guest

Hey all, this is for those of you who have really gnarred hard on LB's. Are they really like indestructo tuff? Has anyone snapped one? Also, are they stiff laterally? I'm a big dude and after ripping the ass out of my Zoo i need to find something crazy strong. I don't want to rip another bb off.

Also, does KOXX have a warranty? I mean if i get a LB new and it lasts me ~40 days like all my other frames, am i just out the $650 or will they take care of me?

I'm real hesitant about riding aluminium again, and my record so far for aluminium frame survival is 47 days of trials riding. Even the koxx is out of my budget right now but it's the closest thing to a strong bike with the right geo that i can find.

PEace

2. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

i dont think many have snapped if any actually have.

Maybe you should think about trying to be a little smoother? 47 days is nothing even if you are a big guy..

3. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

How big are you? I am 6 4 and 200 lbs and my frames last me at least 10 months to a year of street, park and trials. If I used it for just trials I think they would last a whole lot longer closer to 2 or so years.

-Dan

4. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Koxx is pretty beefy as only very few have cracked. I doubt you go bigger than TRA, and he is also a big dude, and his Koxx seemed to have done well. So unless you land on the downtube all the time the Koxx should last you.

5. Elan

Elan steve french

toosicks is like 250lbs i think... but he also rode a zoo piranha which is like the weakest frame ever made.... so a koxx should do him great.

6. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

ANGRY GORILLA !!!

7. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

too sicks.....the frame will hold up, it's 5.2 pounds of U6 aluminum. Tony Fernandez is a big and powerful dude and his is holding strong. The warranty is one year on that thing as well so if you do have any problems you'll be covered.

8. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

if you jack up a level boss i think you would be more worried about your own health as you would probably be in the ER.... level boss frames are good stuff. i highly recomend them.

9. TooSicKs

TooSicKs Guest

Yah, i'm 6', 250lbs and going big. My Da Bomb Sputnik lasted 47 days, my Zoo 43 days, and my GT lasted until i learned to pedalkick. I put an incredible amount of torque on frames and my biggest problem is with torquing so hard that the bike basically folds in half around the drivetrain. This is how the bb ripped off my Zoo. I need something that's superstiff laterally.

Does this 1 year warranty really work? If I rip it in half in a few months i get a replacement? I'm kinda skeptical about warranties after Da Bomb told me basically to F#$% off when the seatstay weld cracked. I know KOXX != Da Bomb poo but i always seem to get shafted. Thing is, i just can't believe any aluminium frame would last.

The KOXX is my dream frame geometrywise, i'm looking at the 1100, but im scared to ride aluminium anymore.

PEace

10. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

hehe...take the geo to a custom shop and have them make you an exact replica of the boss but with steel, im sure it would weigh a ton more but it would be strong :p

11. Allmjm

Allmjm New Member

Could always save a few $100 up and go with a custom steel desalvo. I'm sure he could make it plenty strong and with the geo your looking for.
    Martin

12. cck

cck Member

damnnnnnnn

i'm 6'... 130lbs

but ya, lb is good stuff. i threw it at a metal pole once, and nothing happened. if you break that thing i will give you... ermm ... you wont break it.

13. Elan

Elan steve french

every warranty through trials dealers has been a very good deal i guess, i havent heard of anybody really getting shafted when they get their frames warrantied... go fo the 100, you will love it..and 5lbs on aluminum shoudl be plenty strong.

14. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

lb should do you good. i've only seen one or two have extremely small small cracks after a long time of riding on hardcore street with silly huge drops.
    seriously try and get a bit smoother maybe? you're defo a big guy, but even so 47 days for an aluminum frame is like nothing. i haven't seen any vids of you though so i can't say much

15. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

no one has ever broken an echo pure.

16. Elan

Elan steve french

how do you know? ill wager that tra has broken everything

17. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

Ya I doubt we should trust echo to tell the truth on that lol.

18. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

Dude you have to lose some weight. 250lbs and trials is..... :werd:
    Seriously thats just not good for your knees, back, wrists.

19. pav

pav New Member

nope TRA neva broken echo pure and no echo parts either! only the cranks but they are square taper shit

echo pure is mega strong, basically any good UCI bike should not break.....

pav

20. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

well this is only what we hear. but aside from sponserd riders alot of people put pures through some shit and many would say if they broke one. If you find me a picture, ill belive you.