Koxx is fuckin worse than zoo!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by DangerousDave, Mar 27, 2004.

1. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

koxx uses a one piece machined bb and chainstay yoke that they stole from the Megamo Equip!!! stupid fucking losers. they are such fucking wankers.

2. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

dude, you said wanker!!!!

3. DangerousDave

ahaha just playin. i just noticed the bb/yoke was a one piece on my equip today. just thought i'd post this becauses its another example of copying and it seems to upset everyone.

Myself? I don't fuckin care.

take the low standover design of the cous, put it with the rear disc mount and bb/yoke design of a megamo with all sorts of other fancy cool things.
    if its copying who cares cuz its another bike for ppl to ride...

4. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

echo also stole the little tab on the drive side, as in pic below of megamo. the story gos when deng saw craig pearces megamo he "suddenly had a new idea for a little gusset"

[​IMG]

seems megamo had a few good ideas worth copyign. They are the strangest bike to ride though, do you run the stock bars, this diagram is to scale of 1:1 of the bars \_/ thats how wide they are.

5. vince

vince Member

Good topic Dave. Koxx is the biggest bunch of copiers. The company was built around copying the likes of Megamo and Monty. I think that little tab on between the rear triangle is so the frame will flex to a certain point, but not break. I can't wait to try your Megamo...but not a fan of the discs. Just buy a bike, who gives a shit about copies.

6. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Exactly............. :werd:

7. Elan

Elan steve french

so, how is koxx worse than zoo? they copied ONE part of a frame, instead of a complete frame. if yo uask me, they are totally different things. koxx copied a "good idea" for "pregression", where as zoo blatantly just got a picture and copied hte frame design in an attempt to use coustellier's design as a marketing scheme... you are gay again

8. DangerousDave

dammit elan. i'm not serious about koxx being worse than zoo. i'm just jokin around by pointing out all the theft of ideas in the trials industry.
    again i could care less. like if by stealing megamos bb idea, koxx has made their own bikes better then its all good. its like progression in riding. someone copies another persons move and then becomes better with it. same thing with the bikes and parts.

9. DangerousDave

hydro:

yea i run the stock bars. i don't mind the bars actually. i think i have newer megamo bars or somethin though. because the meg bars that i got with my radical were fucking narrow and felt terrible. but the ones on my equip seem to feel pretty good. i really like how it feels though.
    but i must say my old megamo expert frame with vmounts where i had an orange fork and brisa bar and stem did feel better..

10. warpig

warpig Guest

I've got a legit gripe about Koxx. Nothing major but I found it amusing. Did you know that the Try-All FFW cranks and Try-All/VP pedals don't fit together right out of the box? The inboard portion of the cage hangs up on the crank arm. You have to bend or grind about 1/8"-1/4" off the cages to get them to clear and spin all the way around. Or hammer them down in the parking lot like we had to, flattening out the outter part of the cage in the process as well......Ooops. Nothing major as I know Try-All pedals aren't made by Koxx but it looks funny when 2 parts dont mate up right and they're both sportin' a Try-All logo.

11. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Haha.. Koxx Is no better than ZOO! But no worse either. The "koxx" pedal is just as bad as the zoo! vs coust. thing. It's just not as serious as it's only a pedal. And they sell it for more money. That's what it's all about. Money. The koxx forxx thing is made by a company named aprebic. Their handlebars are made by some brand-x company, Same goes with their stem, cranks. There may come a time when almost all trials companies makes bikes with a similar design to the coust.(If it is a good design they WILL). I mean. Even the standard Double triangle design off the koxx and echo and all others began somewhere. It's so unoriginal it's not even funny. Of course it's been copied so many times people don't care anymore. I'm so sick of this discussion. And if you're some dumbass elitist who misses out on a good bike because off some lame principle then it's your loss. Fuck if everyone thought like that counter-strike would never have existed because it's basically a copy of wolfenstein 3D. This is how progress is made. Take someone elses design and improve on it(I'm not saying zoo! has improved the design of the coust. More like made a cheaper different alternative and I have no doubt the coust is a better frame). If everyone started from ground zero we would get nowhere.

P.S. This is the last time I'll ever reply too a topic like this....(I'm sure you're all happy for that eh?)

And a little disclaimer. I am not saying that the the pitbull is better than the koxx frames. But it is an alternative. I'm a firm believer that all frames have their strengths and weaknesses and which one is right is different from person to person(unless they have a completely fucked up geometry that is).

12. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

ZOO is fucking shit, everybody knows that. Koxx is good, everybody knows that. why are you guys arguing? ZOO blatantly copied Coust, no arguing there.

dude you guys, check it: every bike company is copying the guy who invented a bike cuz everybody is using a headtube!!!!!
    some things are just normal to copy (like a gusset in the rear triangle), but to copy a new idea, and then claim they are not copying (when they even spray paint their wheels to be black, AND copy the try all bars geo.) it's just not cool. in fact its fucking gay

13. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

I don't know that its copying... but there are bike part manufacturers that make 'generic' frame parts that you can weld together. Perhaps Megamo is selling some patents to other bike mfgrs... or parts. They do this in the industry all the time.

14. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Zoo,a crap company ,ripped off a great company.Koxx ,a great company, ripped off megamo a debatably crap company.

15. pav

pav New Member

yeh i will 2nd that megamo are crap, i really dont like them

it is pretty tight wat zoo did, i would burn my zoo any day for a coust but i couldnt afford it, and still cant and there are still none in the country and that would have been like 2 months of no riding in which i would have oficialy died and it would be my ghost posting now

pav

16. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Not really speaking from experiance, but speaking based on Statistic or preference(I guess you could call it that). But it seems the ONLY reason people don't dig the Megamo's are the internal headsets(most people are still confused between internal and integrated, LOL!), and it's not a LONG bike. And the fact thier pricey/hard to get for"the performance" makes it even more so not as "feasible". But, how Many Megamo's have actually failed? Ovalized headtubes? How many? Gimme a break, I can show you a THOUSAND ovalized headtubes with Kings even on standard headsets, but the fact that it's not a "traditional" headset, it's held to a different standard? That's a pretty weak sauce arguement.

All the people who've owned Megamo's liked them. And if they went to a longer bike, ANY bike they go back to that shorter feels like poo to an extent. Also, when people "try out" somebody elses bike, it's not thier bike, of course they'll feel awkward on it, cause it's not "thier spec" or whatever.

It's like when Andrew swapped frames(I know, I always seem to use this instance). His XTP at first thought was gonna kill him, same for his Maxxis tire. He grew accustomed to it and now LOVES his XTP....never grew to liking his tire, but still the fact at first it felt like "poo" to him was because of accustomation.

People just dis because of the fact they didn't like it for that 20 second ride. Personally? I don't really care. Megamo or Koxx.....doesn't matter. Both bikes are great bikes, but because the geo isn't "for your style" don't dis...that's just dumb....

17. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

pav have you ever riden a megamo?

they have ultra high bottom braket and ultra low bars which make it feel realy strange. the dual disk works great though.

18. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Plum Dum yum yum!! Like internal/integrated h-sets.Both crap.Go to The king web site and read all the tekky shit about both....It's ok you have one, and I'm sure it rocks for you.After you progress you will go for something else.

It's ok Otkdyn we still love you :greddy:

19. pav

pav New Member

i didnt know about internal headet

i just think megamos generally look pretty gay

20. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

if they look gay i suppose they are shit for sure.