koxx bloxx

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by cogmog, May 18, 2004.

1. cogmog

cogmog Member

So I'll be getting my bloxx in the mail tommorrow,......Im running Plazmatics now with a clean unground Rhino lite wide. Should I grind with the bloxx. Ive been riding naty on the plazz's and unground rim. As soon as dust accumulates the brakes go to shit. Will bloxx do the same..? To grind or not grind ..that is the question. :cool:

2. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

3. atypical

atypical Guest

I'm 240lbs and ride in DUSTYASS west Tejas, my bloxx have always stuck to my DEEPSLUT GRIND

4. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

yes, you will need a grind. you will have to break the pads in too. they are full of little surface imperfections. once they break in, re-grind and sit back while you enjoy exponentially better braking than your older set up.

5. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

or use a bench grinder to "brake in" your pads.
    just use the side of the wheel. works great ;)

6. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I always find a nice clean patch of cement and rub the first layer of my pads off on it. I do the same thing if they start getting hard and stop working well. I must recommend it :).

Bill

7. sebLG

sebLG New Member

worst mistake i ever made in buying bike things ... well actually probably not the worst, the koxx rim was the worst. grind as fucking hardcore as you can like every day. lol.

8. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

you can also use the griptape on the top of a skateboard to break in pads. That is, if any of you still have one lying around .

9. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Needed: Coust pads.

Jobs a good un.

10. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

quick question...are the Koxx Bloxx the same thing as the Try All pads?

11. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Koxx is tryall. so yes the same thing. Except I have never heard it said tryall pads.

12. cogmog

cogmog Member

Sweet..I shall grind. Looking forward to some improved brakes.

13. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

definately go grind. i believe they are designed for a grind in any case. i just picked up an angle grinder today, it'll run you anywhere from 40 +, so not too bad considering the improved braking you will get. definately grind. i have same set up as you, and with an unground rim, anything but dry/dustless conditions:my brakes go to shit. with a grind i can ride in water, dust, etc.

14. cogmog

cogmog Member

all i have is a bench wheel grinder, and money is tight. I think I can pull it off with that. I actually grinded an old wheel to run with milk pads a few years back with a table grinder, worked alright, but the milk pads blew! Than I got the Plaz's and a new unground rim and I was like wow, these are great. So im hoping I will be just as "wow like" with the bloxx and a grind. :bigthumb:

15. atypical

atypical Guest

I picked up an angle grinder in one of these travelling road tool show deals, with 4 extra grind wheels for like $7.50 total, sure it may break and I am S.O.L., but it works just fine and I'm pretty sure it came with a 1yr warranty- anyway, pays to look around if you don't want an investment piece :wuteva:

16. cogmog

cogmog Member

roger that
    :werd:

17. cogmog

cogmog Member

WOW WOW WOW......Blead the maggies, ground the rim, installed the bloxx and I cannot believe the difference. SOOOO much Better!!!! :bigthumb:

18. klophaus

klophaus Guest

ebay if you're looking for cheap angle grinders. I've seen dewalts go for $30 and crap ones for about $10.

19. cogmog

cogmog Member

Thanks....never thought to look on e-bay!! :bigthumb:

20. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

i got mine for $17 AUD = $12 US from a hardware store.