keeping same PSI

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by hophopsnap, Nov 19, 2004.

1. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

After about a week or so my tires start going flat slowly, right now I can hit both rims easy when hopping or whatever. And it seems every time I ride I have different PSI in both tires since I dont have a guage for the schrader that goes low enough, and none for the presta. Is there something wrong with my tubes at low PSI? Any advice is welcomed..

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

yes, your tubes are made of a pourous material known as rubber. they leak air molecules. oh no.

you may have a slow leak in them, who knows. i have had tubes that were fine for a month and ones that run low after a week. my advice is to just check your tires before you ride like a good student. look into an off pump gague if you are really concerned about it. the ones that come on pumps might as well not be there because they are often off by several psi (5-10psi usually)

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

:rofl:

was this thread for reals?

4. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

just pump it up and ride?

5. pav

pav New Member

Why not just get new tubes that dont leak? It could also be your valves, I had a problem like that, it would take ages to leak out sometimes, others a second after i pumped it up, then one day after I pumped it up, it was fine, just maybe tighten the valve up.

6. Elan

Elan steve french

i filled my tyres with foam. donno

7. atypical

atypical Guest

those gauges that have the white stick that slides out to give pressure are dirt cheap and would be accurate enough; only shrader. Just drill out your rims and use shraders, or find an adapter for the presta

8. Elan

Elan steve french

and then get a flux capacitator on your helmet so you can guage your intrest in being a complete fag. which i can tell you is in the high 120's

9. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

OMG...your tires arent at exactally 24.983643 psi....holy shit how will u cope, put like 40 lbs in your fucking tires and ride, when u start to hit rim....repeat

10. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

i would suggest filling your tubes with helium....thats what i do because then when the tube leaks the helium it just floats to the top of the tire and it never leaks out. the rubber in the tires is a lot thicker than in the tube. so it takes at least another day to lose your .0002 psi. it really makes a difference in my sidehops.

11. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Are you running standard rubber tubes? It is unusual to be able to notice it after a week, but they definatly do leak slowly through the wall of the tube. You do have to remeber that 99% of somthing is actualy somthing.

12. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

it sucks because I go out of my shed and I turn and my front tire folds like a mofo and I go over the bars into a wall

13. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

its not unusual to loose 10-15 psi/week, but ive had certain tire/tube combs that have held for months....just luck of the draw i guess

14. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

how low a pressure do you run that it wont show on the guage? Mine goes all the way down to -50psi

15. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

:rofl: I think close to 140

16. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

hall of fame for THAT man

- Joel