just starting out

Discussion in 'The UK' started by Adam_ford1, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Adam_ford1

Adam_ford1 Guest

Hi i am just thinking of starting trials....i am not sure if i would be any good at it......also if i do i am not sure weather to get a 20 or 26 inch one of my friends rides a 26 and the other rides a 20....i dont have that much money to spend and i am a bit stuck.....plz give me ur sugestions ......thanx a lot :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  2. sotsog

sotsog Guest

Hi Adam, if I were you, try both of your friends bikes, and see which you prefer, hope you have a lot of fun learning to ride, I have started only a couple of months back and I'm getting better now,

where in the UK are you???

3. Adam_ford1

Adam_ford1 Guest

camberly near woking......you?...thanx for your reply by the way altho the thing is my friends bike that is a 26 inch is quite a bit more heavier and is not a very expensive bike wheras my other friends 20 inch is a very expensive montey like 1300 pounds worth of bike i have been told that a 20 inch is easier to learn on and i dont know i can afford a good 26inch..what do u think and what do u ride?

4. sotsog

sotsog Guest

I'm from doncaster, I ride 20 inch, though have rode 26 and don't really like it, bit too big for me,

what height are you?

5. Adam_ford1

Adam_ford1 Guest

I'm quite short for my age considering i am 16.....wot bike do u have....i have just over 300 to spend and i have seen a 20inch i like i am a bit scared i will spend the money and be a right retard at trials.....lol

6. sotsog

sotsog Guest

Everyone is bad when they start, i bought to start(two months back) a Base TA20, for around 250, i have now got a t-pro frame and a few other extras,

I looked a retard when i first started(still do compared to the rest of the guys), but i'm getting better, we've all gotta start somewhere

1 person likes this.
  7. Adam_ford1

Adam_ford1 Guest

well i am thinking of getting a onza T-bird 2005 20inch .......dont know wot u think but it looks ok considering it comes with HS33's not bad and yeh ur right about getting better at trials practice practice i geus

8. sotsog

sotsog Guest

yeh, the t-bird is cool, don't get the t-vee, it's not worth it, when the bird has Hydraulics

9. Adam_ford1

Adam_ford1 Guest

yeh exactly wot i thought......ok well thts kool i like the bike and i hope i will get used to it and get half diecent at trials...lol....what bike would u say is eaiest to trials hop a 20 or 26 inch by the way?

10. sotsog

sotsog Guest

sidehopping, neither is easier,

but back wheel stuff is easier IMO on a Mod, especially a light one,but it's all build and preference really

11. Adam_ford1

Adam_ford1 Guest

i have heard that if u are used to riding a BMX then u generally prefer 20inch trials wheras if u are used to riding mountain bike then u prefer 26inch is this true?

12. sotsog

sotsog Guest

more than likely, I used to ride road bikes, and i ride 20 inch, however 20 inch is more like a BMX, and what I hate is people who think it's a BMX, chavs come up to you 'do like a bunny hop, grind sorta thing over that tree there'

13. Adam_ford1

Adam_ford1 Guest

LOL ha ha yeh i know we always wait for someone to say why does that BMX have no sadle yeh well.....thats ur chance to make them look really stupid
    i dont have a lot of expierience on bikes in general tho is this still ok?

14. sotsog

sotsog Guest

yehyeh, i had no experience whatsoever with trials or BMX,

we were riding through town, and a kid says 'ohhhhhhhh look it's the BMX crew'

so dimon replied

'ohhhhhhhhh, it's knob jockey'

it's quite funny some of the things people come out with

15. Adam_ford1

Adam_ford1 Guest

LOL thats a good one lol thanx for being patient and answering my questions by the way..

16. sotsog

sotsog Guest

Happy to help mate, any more questions, PM me

17. DaBombpink

DaBombpink Guest

i started bout a year ago on a da bomb school, not the best make i know, but change a couple of thins and it rides sweet as anything, tghats a great starter bike for you. I had no experience of ridin at all but i found that it was easier to learn on a 20 if your short like me, because its lighter and more manouverable. just my personal preferance though

18. Boumsong

Boumsong Guest

wassup, ne people near nottingham willin to put up with a learner?? let me know lol [email protected] cheers

19. Boumsong

Boumsong Guest

i jus got a 2003 onza t-pro to learn on, that rides very nicely. magura brakes :D:D its kewl.

20. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member