Jeremy explains about his new sponsorship, thanks to Mike D.

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by jimmybikes, May 7, 2004.

1. jimmybikes

jimmybikes New Member

I have been very lucky to ride DeSalvo bikes for the last few years. The bikes are incredible, but getting to know and work with Mike has really been the best part. There are a lot of people making bikes out there, but very few of them have a true passion for what they are doing. Mike is one of those few, not only does he have a passion for building the best bikes possible, but he listens to his riders and does his best to help them out.

Over the past few years, Mike has built me the bikes I wanted and I mean exactly how I wanted them, in my opinion, they are some of the very highest quality bikes in the world, and equal to anything I have ever rode.

So the choice I have made has been very hard for me and in fact, if Mike would have told me to stay with him, I would have, but he gave me a choice and told me, if I had a better offer and one that would help me out in ways that he could not, that I could go for it.

Well, this year while in France, the Coustelliers approached me about riding their bikes. I had opportunities to ride their bike and see them up close. They are in the same class as the DeSalvos. The DeSalvos and the Coustellier bikes are slightly different and both bikes have positive and negative points, both bikes fit my needs for riding.

However, the support I would receive, while in Europe and the USA is way beyond anything that Mike could afford to give me. And to be honest this is one of the reasons I have decided to ride for the Coustelliers.

It is a hard choice, for me, and I would have stayed, with Mike except for his sincere statements about not wanting to hold me back in any way. He made it clear that he would love it, if I kept riding for him, but that there was no way he could give me the same level of support. He was open and honest enough to put my best interest above his own.

We never had any written contract and yet he was always faithful in providing me with bikes. His business is growing and he is doing the right things to make even better bikes, but in the end I have decided to ride for the Coustelliers. This is a little scary for me, because I am leaving the safety of knowing Mike and working directly with the guy that makes my bikes. It could be the wrong decision and it is definitely a little selfish on my part.

Why am I writing this??? To let you guys know that Mike makes great bikes, and I am not leaving him because another brand of bikes is better built, but rather, because I believe my goals will be more easily met by working with another company at this time.

Mike and I are friends and he has made it clear no matter which bike I decided to ride, we will still be friends. So with Mike’s understanding and approval I will be riding for Coustellier bikes for this of season.

Am I excited about this??? You better believe it! These are, in my mind the best trials riders in the world and their bikes are without a doubt the kind of bikes that will help me get the most out of my talents. I will have teammates that I really look up to and respect!

These guys are serious, but they love to have a good time too! They work hard at trials, but enjoy it! I am a very fortunate to have this opportunity.

Thanks Mike for a great ride!!!

Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

2. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

Will he make trials bikes anymore?

3. Elan

Elan steve french

its good to hear you severed with mike on good terms, hes a good guy and seems quite fair. Cous is undeniable though

4. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

thanks jeremy, even though this post does not affect me, it's allways nice to hear you or your dad's insight on things.

5. JK

JK New Member

I am sure you will do really well with them.

6. TRIALS4LIFE

TRIALS4LIFE Member

Jeremy all Professional Trials riders should look up to you not just us amateurs.

I really enjoy reading what you and your Dad post online.

You guys have the best attitude on things, it's great how you two come online and help people out.

Good luck with the new sponsorship!

7. BrettM

BrettM New Member

The amount of ass kissing to do with Jeremy and his dad's last couple topics is absolutely amazing. Jeremy's ass, his dad's, the cousts, koxx, desalvo. You name it they had at least one set of lips on their ass. This stuff almost belongs in the off topic forum its so crazy. What ever happend to "congrats on the sponsorship with Coust?"

btw...congrats.

8. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

Jeremy I defenitely think you made the right choice, your desalvo was a great bike but I think riding for the coustelliers will give you a better chance to be recognized world wide.

9. trialscoach

trialscoach Member

You now officially have my authorization to kiss Jeremy's ass as well, what'd ya think, we'd leave our less talented buddies up north out of the celebration? Really look forward to meeting you... :eek:wned: :eek:wned:

10. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

DAMN! you got told!

no, seriously though, i must admit it got a little mushy up there. i mean congratulations to jeremy, he totally deserves it! but, as brettm hinted to, it always seems like someone has brown stuff on there nose when theres a topic pertaining to jeremy and jim.

by all means, CONGRATULATIONS! hopefully everything works out for ya.

11. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

Mike your just mad that everyone isn't kissing your ass :rofl: You still coming to colorado?

12. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

damn straight! ...........jus kidding

yea maybe, when is it again? could you put me up for a few nights? also, what airport would be best to fly into?

13. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

colo spgs airport. If you want all the info go to co trials.com

14. BrettM

BrettM New Member

O right I forgot the states has one rider that is better no argument. He also has more dedication than any rider in north america by a long shot, claims to make 6 figures a year, sponsors for everything, personal trainer, dedicated his life to trials and has rode for a long time.

I mean really he isn't that great for what he has going for him. There are a whole lot of people that if they had what Jeremy has going for him would be much better. Thats just the way it is. US or Cnd. The next generation always picks up faster than the last.

I wasn't tryin to start shit like someone else...but really. One rider. That is it. After that who does the states have??? A bunch of people that are very comparable to the people up north.

Besides no one has seen John and Jeremy ride together but me. Uci style John has bigger moves. Jeremy is a better rider in a section tho. Better all round skills and balance. I think it would be a good match.

I was never tryin to flame anyone. Just have a little laugh. Some people hold grudges tho and think they need to get in on it tho. Whatever dude. Come to Squamish this year and watch for yourself.

15. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

brett if this topic gets to be more than 3 pages long ur an idiot. :slap:

16. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

I second that emotion!

17. average mike

average mike Guest

Hahahhahah whenever there is a thread about jeremy, jim and brett always get into an arguement. Its inevitable.

18. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

its like smith killing neo. "it is...inevitable.."

19. BrettM

BrettM New Member

This one has nothing to do with me and Jim. I even said congrats and meant it.

This one is old school bt.com Trialscoach and me history.

Btw Justin I don't need a 3 page thread to realize I'm an idiot and neither does anyone else.

20. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

:rofl: you are funny justin