Japan's Friday nights.....56K go make a sandwich....

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by oicdn, May 13, 2004.

1. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Ha..>Fast and the Furious has NOTHING on this amount of cars or rice...although...they have that "rice look" yet, can spank whatever muscle you may have.....lotsa oldschool Skylines...prolly faster than anything we have.....

Wow....insane...

2. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

what the shit were they thinking with those rediculous exhaust systems?? surely it restricts air flow and only adds weight to the car. a couple of them were pretty cool though (not the exhaust systems, the cars with regular exhausts)

-Paul

3. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Yeah...those cars are generic...but they've GOTTA BE fast as hell...atleast you would think so...LOL!

4. evan

evan Guest

An abrupt 90 degree bend in the exhaust always helps flow :ugh:

5. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

OMG it's JAPAN d00d! those cars must be fast!!!

6. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

those were the gayest fucking cars I have ever seen in my life.

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

its like they are trying to make them look like cartoons....some of those cars would be nice, if every single part they put on it didn't go against functionality.

Some of those front mounts are just oil coolers or something- def not a fmic. like what the fuck is this:

[​IMG]

Nice short hoses there, good thing you ran them threw the lights :ugh:

8. uownme

Yea that is a oil cooler.

Those cars are pieces of shits.

9. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I liked none of those cars cause they look worse than my great grampa's Pinto!!!

10. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

I would be willing to bet that every one of those cars is slow as fuck. Nice camber on those wheels buddies. And bolting an oil cooler to your bumper, riiight. Decreasing it's efficiency to about 20 percent, but then they probably aren't hooked up to the engine anyway.

11. evan

evan Guest

Yeah, too much camber for the street.

That must suck having a rock nail your exposed oil cooler.

But I fail to understand how having the oil cooler externally mounted will lower efficiency, I'm really curious as to where "20%" came from.

12. AndyT

AndyT New Member

my guess would be the 40 foot long hoses

13. oicdn

oicdn Guest

If you look at the parts on those cars, they ARE functionality, and most of those cars are Old Skylines and Silvias. PROBABLY with the newer SR20DET or RB26DETT.....so umm, they're prolly 1 of 2 types of cars.

1. Most likely drift cars. Camber like that, so you DO NOT get too abnormal tire wear since most of your time is spent sliding. And, negative camber increases grip on turns. Grip...although you'de think you'de want less for drifiting, you'de want MORE so you're slide is more precision controlled....

2. Wangan cars...i.e ALL TOP END racing on the Wangan Highway. A STRAIGHT LONG strip of highway on the outskirts of Tokyo. VERY POPULAR street racing spot where cars actually go 200MPH ON THE STREET so all those "rice kits" you see in Japan are actually FUNCTIONAL, but the knockoffs brought here are wastes of materials....hence, giving the Japanese automobile culture a BAD NAME..

The cars there are 100% functionality. If you've noticed, the cars there, most pictured are NOT like the crap you see on the big screen, the cars there are the majority of the real "street racers" in japan....Old School cars.....yummy....

14. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I don't care how well you skimboard, 7' long star shaped exhausts going straight up are not the best when going 200mph down wangan.

lets take a peek:

Oh sick, high speed vinyl cover at the top. Single wiper conversion kit. 9' high exhaust. Angled head lights. Good thing it has 08 on it, I thought it was number 7! :
    [​IMG]

I was going to write more, but holy shit I just will say this: :hsugh: :

[​IMG]

He's not going to drift well with that correct camber, better fix it:

[​IMG]

ah fuck i kept looking and just felt sicker and sicker...go watch drift videos- the cars used do not look fuck all like these. Neither do real cars that go very high speeds down wangan. Most of that shit would fall off at 180mph. There are some nice old nissans there thats for sure, but they are show cars- SHOW CARS...

in conclusion, I can assure you this geo prizm is NOT fast- despite the purple spray painted steel wheels:

[​IMG]

15. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Oh don't get me wrong, most of the cars on there ARE crap......I wouldn't take one, even if given to me, LOL!

And yeah, I agree, most of them ARE show cars...I don't think those vans can go anywhere... And like the post says, it's a new year celebration thing.....

16. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

the oil cooler functionality is quite real. They are rated something like 90 percent functional when mounted in front of the radiator. 70 percent functional when the airflow is slightly cut off, IE behind an AC condenser, and less than 50 percent when behind the radiator. When the air cannot get through it, IE when the back is mounted right on the bumper, how effective is it? Barely at all.

Negative camber, ya thats good for cornering, taht much negative camber, give me a break, you know full well that it isn't doing any good.

None of those cars are fast, show me ANY of those cars hitting 200MPH, you will not be able to find it. You won't find any of those cars hitting 120 MPH lol. They are show cars, nothing more.

I have seen video footage of the drifting and racing scene over there, and none of the cars look like that...

17. evan

evan Guest

Gotcha, I was going on the assumption that they had cut some of the bumper out behind the cooler. Guess you never know though

Some of the cars obviously have too much camber, but you really never know how much the car is going to need until you tinker with it.

[​IMG]

Might look excessive, but we absolutely needed to put that much in (3 degrees) to get the front end to hook up.

18. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Have to seen some of the JRTCCA cars...some of those cars have camber like that. But they also get new tires every couple of laps, LOL.

I agree, most of those cars are more or less show cars, but I would say MAYBE 3 of those cars could get 150....all of them being 70's Skylines..

19. uownme

that supra has some meat. damn

20. Gardenfan

Gardenfan Guest

If you want to see a fast car, should check out the latest issue of popular hotrodding. Guy had a 69 I think camaro, full race chassis, 697HP NA 358 SB chevy, 4 speed manual with straight cut gears, 16X12 rims in the rear, with 16X10's in the front. Absolutely massive tires. Car goes incredibly fast, way way faster and better handling than you would ever expect a 1st gen to run.

I love the supras, were they able to fit that kind of tire in the stock rear wheel opening? The rear fender looks like it might have been opened up a bit more in radius, but it doesn't look like they rolled the lip out any. At any rate, I bet that is one fast as hell car.

I agree you have to play with the camber, but some of those cars have way more than 3 degrees lol. It is just silly, but hey its JDM YO, so it must be cool right?