Japanese how to tap.

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by Blackstick, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

2. nidoss

nidoss Guest

that looks like it would be a pretty helpful video.....if only i understood japanese! blast!

3. RT Wolf

RT Wolf Insanity Studios Inc.

How-to French.mpg

4. Blackstick

Well done, that is the name of the movie :)

5. nidoss

nidoss Guest

I got the name of the video, but once actually watching the video all that grable-d-gook at the bottom i couldnt read.

6. Blackstick

I think RT Wolf was trying to say that it is french because of the title, but I think the japanese are talking about the "french" way of upping eg; Taps.

7. RT Wolf

RT Wolf Insanity Studios Inc.

Haha.

I suppose I missed putting the laugh at the bottom of my previous post. A japanese video on how to french kiss.

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

funniest thing being the japanese invented taps :hsugh:

Caisso was the first frenchman to do taps, but not the first in the world...hence its original name "jap zap/ japslap".

9. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

it's funny, over here they call a pedalup a japslap. so a japslap is then a "japslap touch hop". this is wrong again because a touch hop isn't the same thing as a tap. a pedalkick is also called 'danieling'.

thanks for the video, it will help me sus out my japslap-touch-hops :rofl:

10. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

very helpful actually, even if I can't read japanese.

I found the name of the band pretty disturbing though...

also, names of moves are kind of stupid when every region, city, country has different names for the same moves

11. Peace

Peace pedocrab

yeah the japanese invent all cool things (crossbow).... and then go on to perfect them and make things look effortless... bastards
    Peace

12. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Great video...the tips on there does help to give you an idea of how to do the taps...of course I still suck at this move so it's even better :p I like how they repeat "Streeeeeeetch"

13. CriPPle

CriPPle New Member

just further confusing the issue

i always thought the japslap/japzap was originally the name for one of the mototrials moves
    i think thats the one where they go to max revs with the clutch in, bounce the suspension and release the clutch when the shocks rebound causing the rear end to flick out front as they jump

when they tap the front wheel on the way up they call it 'punch technique'

then again there's also the 'splatter' technique and im not sure how that differs

maybe we should start a dictionary or something tho i dont think u could get everyone to agree