It's just not fair

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by KyleT, Sep 10, 2004.

1. KyleT

KyleT Guest

I was just over at a friend's house who has broadband, so i asked him if he could download the new TRA vid for me, so he did. We watched it using winamp, and then i put it on my USB drive and walked home and copied it to my HDD. I went to watch it again soon after and all i got was audio. All i could see was a black screen, no 127cm sidehops, no fun. I tried it in RealOne player, and that doesn't support wmv files. I tried it in Media Player, which has a codec error.

Now I can't watch the video, which is damn annoying, because it's so sweet.

Any suggestions? :dunno:

2. icecreamsammy

icecreamsammy New Member

Ha Ha! yeh it is a good vid but i know nothing about such computer stuff, but this did happen to me with some vids when i put them on my mums laptop even with the same codec(?) and such, and still only got audio, but on the ol pc it worked swish. who knows what it is? and i thought you were some computer nerd or something anyhoo? you'll work it out.

3. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea i get an error w/ media player (version 9, w/ all the codecs) but it does play after the error, try updating it....

4. JasonMudd

JasonMudd Guest

Yep: first thought is to try and get the appropriate codec. Second is to get a full-out update.

5. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

It doesnt work at all with mac...should have made is .mpg

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

or get rid of your faggot mac

My computer lab that I work at has all brand new G5's , they are all pieces of fucking donkey shit compared to me 3 year old PC.

7. KyleT

KyleT Guest

I don't have a mac, and the last time i updated to 9 series it rooted the cd drive, some software issue. I tried downloading the 8 series codecs, but that didn't work, so i will go for the complete 9 series version. Oh Sam, I am a bit of a nerd. www.slashdot.org is my homepage, look at it regularly, and visit thinkgeek.com, they have some really cool stuff. Learning C++, which will probably take me ages, despite the '21 day guarantee" on the pdf. Meh