Island Style for free download

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by BrettM, Oct 16, 2004.

1. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Dave Adelman of 250 Productions follows up his acclaimed MTT series with this physically charged video set amidst the abandon beaches and rolling landscapes of Vancouver Island, Canada. ISLAND STYLE has been hailed as 2002's most captivating video, as it takes you on a tech filled journey into the world of Bike Trials. The film also boasts superb performances from the most underrated riders in mountain biking today, leaving you with a spectacular example of the ISLAND STYLE.

Get Island Style [373mB] [37:23]​

2. netto

netto New Member

3. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

wooo !

I just subscribed after I started DLing this, Bill's gonna need the subs to pay off a server that can host this vid !

Thanks Dave, Bill, Brett !

- Joel

4. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Tomac :) I hope to keep it available to even unregistered users until into next month. We've got loads of bandwidth to kill while I have two servers... we'll just see how she goes I guess :).

5. RT Wolf

RT Wolf Insanity Studios Inc.

Bill, you're a friggin GOD! Thank you so much, if I had money, I'd suscribe right now, but I dun even have money for a trials bike. I know it's no excuse, but I have no job right now. :-/ You can have my first-born though. :p

You're a friggin GOD!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  6. mr onza

mr onza Guest

wowwwwwwwwww dude that was awsome .great vid .
    or movie.lol

alex

7. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

:bowdown:

This is awesome. HUGE thanks to everyone involved; Dave, Bill, Brett, WC and everyone else.

:bowdown:

Oh, and the new server rules Bill, I dl'ed this video at 420kb/sec. Very cool :bigthumb:.

8. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Just thought I would make a reply since I was sleeping and Bill made the one for me above.

Gotta give huge thanks to Bill. It's a pretty big deal to take on hosting of a 370MB vid. Thanks to Ken at www.thetrialsinshop.com and the guys over at www.webcyclery.com for selling the vids for the last 2 years. Thanks to Piski (Dave Adelman) and all the guys involved in making and riding in the video.

Anyways just a little bit of info. This video premiered here in Victoria on December 29th 2002. It's almost 2 years old. This is before Koxx was a big deal. This was Brisa "fad" days. John Webster is still an "expert" in this video technically although he did ride pro at Squamish. Some of the footage is as old as 2000, so you are watching stuff that is 2 to 4 years old.

We always wanted anyone to be able to see the vid. It's so old that at the time it was a better idea to produce it on vhs rather than a dvd. With that done a lot of people outside North America were turned off right away. Its been in my head to get this on the net for a few months now and I've talked with Bill lots and it finally happened. The idea behind it is that we are getting pretty low on the number of videos left. If you happen to like what you see and wouldn't mind owning the real deal go get it from www.webcyclery.com or from Piski at www.250productions.com.

This video was made as the real deal. Every single song used in this video is from a band that consented for us to use their work. Not a lot of people do this...We also had a professionally designed box cover and some other work done by Billy V. from Ontario. It got made as professionally as possible from a bunch of punk 16 year old kids who lived in a small town known as Metchosin.

The only thing I thought of to ask as to what you do with your download of Island Style is to please not chop it up. I don't really wanna see individual sections floating around on the net, or some crashes taken out and put into a little vid or something like that. Other than that do what you want with the vid.

Thanks for checking it out and it would mean a lot to everyone who worked so hard on both making the vid and getting it on the net, to hear a response.

Brett McCullough

9. chaloux

chaloux Party all the time.

Ah, there's nothing like downloading 373mb in 6 minutes. I've been wanting to see this movie for a long time.

10. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

I remember seeing the trailer for the video..... It was awesome and I was an idiot to not buy the video in the first place. That rocked, I never get to see Morley ride much and that made this video even better. That John Webster guy got so good so fast it is amazing. Always good to see Bentham and the rest of you guys too. Brett, your manuals always amaze me...... Thanks so much for getting together with Bill and getting this to us. It's a keeper!

11. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I think its great to see an indie video like this, more importantly its cool to see how everyone has progressed, plus Morley is sick. Brett, that fall makes me sick (literally I cant watch it)

12. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

I've had the teaser on my computer forever, and almost bought the film twice, thanks a bunch!

13. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

that was an awsome vid man, Thanks a lot for all your hard work, I appreciate it!

14. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

Thanks a lot Bill. I'm in the middle of downloading the vid. Will watch it soon.

Peace! :)

15. Tanner

Tanner New Member

Brett, you're my hero.

Bill, you're my god. Thank you guys so much.

16. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

without Bill we would still be at trials-online waiting 5 weeks for a reply or over at biketrials where one post about valve caps and your gone.

observedtrials.net is like the america of bike trials websites

17. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I think it's more like the Amsterdam of biketrials websites but hey, whatever :)

- Joel

18. Orkje

Orkje New Member

Downloading now :-D

Thanks a lot to otn and Brett, this is truly awesome!

19. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I knew you would have to comment on that.

20. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I'm just testing out your new warning system :)

Amsterdam as in everyone is welcome, and no-one is actively judged by any superficial creed, in any official capacity anyway. Nothing to do with illicit drugs.

- Joel