Is this rim shit?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by oicdn, Aug 13, 2004.

1. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Bombshell Fatboy
    [​IMG]

Bombshell Downhill/Freeride Rim. Wide profile design for use with todays new wider tires. CNC sidewalls and eyelets for strength, 38.4mm width, and disc or rim brake compatible. 24" or 26" Diameters. 32 or 36 Hole. Black Finish.

Anybody try one of these out? Looks promising.... but does it have softer metal, shittier contruction, etc? Same width as a DX32, but 170g lighter. Found it when I posted/replied to that "looking for a rim" thread.....

2. sputnik

sputnik New Member

Ahhh yes. I have built 2 of those for freeriding friends. One guy that's mega hard on shit (210 and strong/hackish). He kept the rear wheel for 1 season before killing it and as far as I know he still has the front in mint shape after 2 seasons. If it's built by a pro then it will be quite strong (unlike my mediocre builds) and should last. Umm this guy also wrecked a mag 30 and a mammoth, so it's hard to say how strong it is from his experience, but I would trust it for sure.

3. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Those are the same as the Azonic Butcher rims used to be a long while ago, and they're actually 36 mm wide. A couple years ago Morley bought one, but it was out of true by itself, so building it up and keeping it straight was a tedious thing, so he said. Most probably it was just a bad run of rims, and it was 2 years ago. RomanC has one on his BT, and has had it as a rear rim for a fair while now, so he'll be able to give more info on how they hold up for trials use.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
  4. B1105

B1105 New Member

I think their okay rim, just make sure you build it well and it will hold up, assuming your not a 500lb fatty(sorry if anyone is 500 lbs)

5. dingus

dingus Member

mine lasted a lil'while (7 mos.) on the front with a bunch of holes drilled all the way through-

Its not as light as they say though. After you pull the yellow sticker off it isnt bad looking.

6. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

i ran those things for ever DH and FR, i loved them......all they need is a good grind and to be drilled.....hmmm.....yea, im going back to those rims after my dx32 is dead

7. poutine

poutine Guest

Wat about a tioga dh rim ?

8. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

they're cool too (apparently), you have to grind a braking sidewall into it if you're using rim brakes.

- Joel