Is this a fair price? :drool:

Discussion in 'For Sale / Want to Buy' started by Ahigh, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Ahigh

Ahigh Trials grandaddy

2. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

Barely Ridden, It Snapped Anyway! Guess its ok if it is brand new. Is that you Aaron?

3. Ahigh

Ahigh Trials grandaddy

Yes it's me. Ha ha. Now I will have two bikes.

This is my sledgehammer approach to making my front brakes smoother.

I snatched it up quick as it looked like a good deal to me. Now I just want confirmation since I don't know much about Brisa's.

--
    - Aaron

4. Ahigh

Ahigh Trials grandaddy

I just noticed the subject says "ti bb" .. that's good.

I just wonder why he put Deore XT hubs on it with all the other good stuff. Oh well.

5. trialsn

trialsn New Member

hahahaha i get it now........BRISA......ahhhhhhh thats a good one

6. Ahigh

Ahigh Trials grandaddy

I just snapped

Well, I probably am not to the skill level that I'll be snapping this frame anyway. But in any case, I also have an Echo Pure 1080 frame. I was already planning to just swap parts between the bikes, and sell the one with the parts that I liked the least. That would have been the Brisa frame anyway. But yeah, it's new, so it shouldn't already be a bad frame.

So besides the frame and the rear hub, what else is wrong with this bike?

7. Ahigh

Ahigh Trials grandaddy

Well, now I guess everybody knows that I haven't read much of this forum or I would have seen the previous post for this bike on this forum.

So I've introduced myself as Mr. Ignorant. HI EVERYBODY!!!

[​IMG]

8. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

don't worry about it, the bike is gonna be great, it's not gonna break on you or anything, like people are saying. the ones that did break are the b26 frames, which were of way lower build quality, so dont worry about breaking that frame. the one thing, is the fork, which most people have broken, but it will still last you a while.

as for the hubs, thats what brisa specs on their complete bikes, to keep the price a bit lower. that bike seems to be just what brisa sells as complete, but with upgraded rims to tryall 47 mm front and rear.

so yea, dont worry about it, the bike is going to be more than fine. already the spec list on it is really impressive, so it leaves very little to be upgraded. mainly the rear hub if you got some money, and a fork for when the brisa one goes.

have fun riding it.

9. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

I've ridden my B26D for almost a year now without a problem. I have only had a disc on the rear for about 4 months so perhaps that is part of it. I've enjoyed the bike and I hope you do to. Don't feel stupid, I don't!

10. Ahigh

Ahigh Trials grandaddy

Thanks. That makes me feel better. All I kept finding about the frames was that they break easily. It's good to hear some positive feedback.

I am really excited about the brakes. My current front brake setup has never worked quite right, and I need more front brake control.

11. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

for that price you could have gotten something much better, so i wouldn't say it's that great a deal

have fun none the less

12. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I saw that bike on the bay and though it was a little overpriced. I think for that amount, you shoulda got King hubs, then it might have been a good deal, or atleast a little more fair.

As far as the frame goes, I haven't heard of the B26Ds breaking yet....but you'll prolly like disc on the rear, till you fubar a sidehop and bend the disk. That's the ONLY REASON I don't want a disc frame is cause of the disc danger. I thinka derailleur back there is enough of a headache...

13. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

To bad some of the old Brisa's break, they are very beatifull colors and frames. But good bike to start. I kinda did same thing you did, not as good hubs but good frame/bars/stem/rims.

14. Ahigh

Ahigh Trials grandaddy

Just an update: the shipping was $119 from east coast to LA. I agreed ahead of time to pay actual shipping cost. This seemed high to me, but that's what I agreed to.

So in total, it cost me $1550+119 = $1669.

Thankfully no sales tax.

I was expecting/hoping for $30-$60 shipping cost. Has anyone ever had to pay that much to ship a bicycle that should weigh something like 20-25 lbs?

Oh well...

15. oicdn

oicdn Guest

If he shipped it privately, yeah, that's about right, like through a UPS store, or post office. But if he woulda shipped it through a bike shop, it shoulda been $30-50...I shipped a heavy ass 50lb freeride bike for $25 to Canada from florida....

16. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

I had to pay something like 110 for my bike from Canada. Kinda sucks, but it also came from around Toronto area so...

17. Elan

Elan steve french

i think thats a horrible deal. sorry you got ripped pff.

18. BenR

BenR Active Member

Sounds like a good deal, because its pretty much new and you will not have to spend cash to replace used beat up parts.

19. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

I could have gotten you a BRAND NEW Echo Pure complete with white industries freewheel for $1260 plus shipping......

derrffffffff

20. Elan

Elan steve french

good deal? WTF? thats the worst deal i have ever seen.